Discuss

GE washer will fill and drain but no spin/agitate

in

Washer Repair

. "

Originally Posted by Gene grau0201, According to the model number you posted this washer is a top load. Gene. You're

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » GE washer will fill and drain but no spin/agitate

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM

grau0201 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
grau0201,

According to the model number you posted this washer is a top load.

Gene.

You're right, it is a top loader, sometimes I'm pretty dense

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Richie,

If there is the correct voltage to the motor inverter and the motor is dead, the motor is the culprit.

- The motor Part number: AP4511844

Part number: AP4511844

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 12-18-2010, 02:20 PM

ryn1127 is on a distinguished road

Gene,

First, I want to thank you for helping everone out on here, I have already read many of your suggestions and have checked a few things. I have a GE washer model #WCSR4170G2WW that will not spin or agitate. Yesterday the machine started bouncing pretty bad as I had an un-even load in it, and now it is not working properly. The washer fills and drains, but just clicks through the rest of the cycle and does nothing else. I have the front cover off and see the green LED light flashing. The light appears to be blink approximately 1 second on 1 second off. The belt is intact and spins the tub easily (by hand). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan
Old 12-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Ryan,

The first thing I would do is reset the washer controls.

Unplug the washer for a few minutes. Reconnect the power and open & close the lid 10 times within 12 seconds. Post the results.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 AM

Gene,

I followed the procedure a couple times to ensure I got it right, but unfortunately do not see any change whatsoever. Same symptoms as listed above. Thanks again, Ryan.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Ryan,

Check the mode shifter coil. Remove the plug C7 (the second plug from the right side with the two wires - red & yellow) and measure the resistance across these wires. It suppose to be about 98 Ohms.

Gene.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Gene,

I measured the resistance between the two wires you suggested and I am getting right around 67 ohms regardless if the washer is on or off. Hope this information tells you something.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Ryan,

Check and post the part number on the top inverter cover. If there are no numbers, check the motor label. It should look similar to 175D5106G***.

Gene.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:30 PM

Gene,

The label on the motor has the number 175D5106G036 on it.

Ryan
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

Check the lid switch. On the motor there are four plugs. Disconnect the plug farthest left. Place one lead of your ohmmeter on the line terminal of the power cord and the other on the orange (may not be orange) wire of the motor plug. It should be the wire on the far end directly opposite of the green wire. You should get continuity across this with the lid closed and it should be open when the lid is opened.

There is picture on this page that shows what I am talking about. HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

Last edited by applianceman : 12-22-2010 at 07:36 AM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.