Discuss

GE washer will fill and drain but no spin/agitate

in

Washer Repair

. "

What was the result? You can order the motor for your washer from APP for $245.40 - The motor Part

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » GE washer will fill and drain but no spin/agitate

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

What was the result?

You can order the motor for your washer from APP for $245.40

- The motor Part number: WH20X10057

Part number: WH20X10057

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Zippy The Chimp is on a distinguished road
Default Gene Is A Stud!

Thanks Gene!
Thanks to you, I was able to figure out the motor was dead, and replaced it.
Washer good as new now!
Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Ryan,

Check the mode shifter coil. Remove the plug C7 (the second plug from the right side with the two wires - red & yellow) and measure the resistance across these wires. It suppose to be about 98 Ohms.

Gene.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM

tatia is on a distinguished road
Default Washing machine won't spin or agitate

I figured out that my floor had rotted out and thus was unlevel. Repairing the floor...even moving the washer out to level flooring resolved the problem. Hope that helps.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM

Kelly Lee is on a distinguished road

Just ran in to this same problem with my GE washer. Please tell me if I have diagnosed this correctly.

I did the "Field Mode Test" and no error LED's lit in positions 2, 3, or 4. Would not agitate in either 7 (AL) or 8 (AH) positions and would not spin in the 10 (PS) position as well. Otherwise, everything checked out. Next I went to the motor inverter board status indicator light. I got a normal .5 second on/off flash when it should be running.

So, I believe that to mean the motor is dead, correct?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Hi Kelly,

What is the complete model number of your washer?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM

Kelly Lee is on a distinguished road

It is a WPRE6150K2WT.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Check the inline fuse. The location on the fuse is shown in the attached file.

- The fuse kit Part number: WH49X10055

Part number: WH49X10055

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE WPRE6150K2WT Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Fuse location and diagram.doc (238.0 KB, 3 views)

Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 AM

drbryan69 is on a distinguished road
Default GE WPRE6100G0WT no AG/SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Check the inline fuse. The location on the fuse is shown in the attached file.

- The fuse kit Part number: WH49X10055

Part number: WH49X10055

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE WPRE6150K2WT Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Hello Gene,

I have the same no agitate/no spin issue with my GE WPRE6100G0WT. First I had the 4 blinking LEDs, reset the machine with same result, open ckt when tested so I ordered and replaced the Mode Shifter Assembly. After the long process, and modifications to tools to get it apart, cleaning and installation with a new tub bearing.

All happy to have it back together I started a small load, no clothes, and when the tub was finished filling no agitation. Tried drain and spin mode, nothing, pump works. Checked the board and got 6 flashes. Reset and still have 6 flashes. Not seeing 135/30 on the coil, seeing 9VDC on all C4 pins and I didn't check the 120.

What is next? I had checked the fuse prior to starting the mode shifter replacement and it was good. The new Mode Shifter is at 68ohms, it is in the garage in SoCal and probably 65 degrees inside so I didn't think that would be to much of a concern. I am vested now so if the motor is the logical next step then...

Really appreciate any help and all the help I have already gotten from ready this and other threads. Look forward to your response.

David

Last edited by drbryan69 : 11-10-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Hi David,

Open coil on mode shifter assembly can be caused by the motor inverter sending excessive current to the mode shifter coil and opening the coil circuit. This can occur if you have lifted the lid during disengage and lift the lid again during engage for agitate or rinse.

In addition to the mode shifter assembly the motor inverter assembly has to be replaced too.

- The motor Part number: WH20X10058

Part number: WH20X10058

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE WPRE6100G0WT Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM

jlethert is on a distinguished road
Default GE WPRE6100G0WT no led

I have GE profile that will not spin or agitate, fills, drains, goes through timing of cycle. Have tested fuse and lid switch, There is no led on the motor, may be replacement motor, but I have removed, taken off the top cover and nothing. Is there a way I can test motor or board to see what is bad??
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.