Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
z_thompsonpa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:40:42 PM(UTC)
z_thompsonpa

Groups: Registered

My girlfriends GE toploader washer is broken and I have been designated for the repair. It will fill, drain, and spin but will not agitate properly. These are the symptoms I have noticed:

-It will not agitate properly. (Meaning sometimes not at all and sometimes it will, but not as fast as you would think it should)

-When it is not agitating properly you can manually twist the agitator and it will start working but not as fast as it should.

-Also have noticed that sometimes during use it will drain partially and refill to level several times during the agitation cycle while still agitating and not stopping.

-Sometimes water is noticed below the machine, although not every time and a very small amount when it does.

I am pretty technical in nature and have found this link on the website.
Suspension, pump & drive components replacement parts for General Electric WCSR4170G0WW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com
Any advice as to what could be causing this or anything to try that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have never worked on any appliances before but right now my best guess is part no. 320. I am no expert, like i said, but I was hoping that it was something easier or less expensive.

Thanks,

Patrick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

floridamdavis  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 4:07:41 PM(UTC)
floridamdavis

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: z_thompsonpa Go to Quoted Post
My girlfriends GE toploader washer is broken and I have been designated for the repair. It will fill, drain, and spin but will not agitate properly. These are the symptoms I have noticed:

-It will not agitate properly. (Meaning sometimes not at all and sometimes it will, but not as fast as you would think it should)

-When it is not agitating properly you can manually twist the agitator and it will start working but not as fast as it should.

-Also have noticed that sometimes during use it will drain partially and refill to level several times during the agitation cycle while still agitating and not stopping.

-Sometimes water is noticed below the machine, although not every time and a very small amount when it does.

I am pretty technical in nature and have found this link on the website.
Suspension, pump & drive components replacement parts for General Electric WCSR4170G0WW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com
Any advice as to what could be causing this or anything to try that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have never worked on any appliances before but right now my best guess is part no. 320. I am no expert, like i said, but I was hoping that it was something easier or less expensive.

Thanks,

Patrick

Reset machine by turning off, unplug power for 1 minute. Plug back in and open and close the lid 6 times in 12 seconds. Run a cycle and good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply