Discuss

Whirlpool Imperial 70 Spin cycle

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a Whirlpool Imperial 70 Heavy Duty from around 1981 (It was here when we moved in). It has

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Whirlpool Imperial 70 Spin cycle

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM

cek347 is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool Imperial 70 Spin cycle
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Whirlpool Imperial 70 Heavy Duty from around 1981 (It was here when we moved in). It has been running fine for the last year and then in the last 2 weeks the spin cycle will not kick on. It pumps water out but will not spin the clothes dry. I put it on spin in each of the different wash types and it doesn't go. I took off the back access cover, and watched when I put on the spin cycle. The motor goes fine, the belt spins but Im guessing something is supposed to engage the spin. Here is the pic from the back access cover.

Any thoughts? or which part to check or replace?

I know the washer is old but Id like to see another few years out of this washer.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM

Traildog51 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem which was caused by a defective wig wag (solenoid).
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.