Discuss

Whirlpool Duet power goes off at spin cycle

in

Washer Repair

. "

Sorry to repost ... I had this in the blender section by accident: I have a whirlpool duet sport that

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Whirlpool Duet power goes off at spin cycle

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM

joe3llis is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool Duet power goes off at spin cycle
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Sorry to repost ... I had this in the blender section by accident:

I have a whirlpool duet sport that is three years old. A few days ago we found it powered down with the door locked. After a manual unlatch I ran it through the diagnostics (a F20 error code was the only recorded error) and at the end it would not perform the high speed spin. I have tried running it through a few different cycles, but they all end with the same result. It all goes fine until it's time to spin at which point it simply powers down and won't turn back on until I reset it. There are no error codes when the power fails, it just turns off. I have checked the filter and flushed the hoses, checked the harness wire connections, and made sure the pressure hose was not obstructed. Any help for a newbie to this forum is much appreciated

Update: it will not turn on at all anymore.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM

bigbluesupercrew is on a distinguished road

Hey I see you posted your situration / question a while ago and haven't gotten any response yet. My washer about the same age is doing the same thing with no code. I don't suppose you've resolved that problem by now! If you could please let me know what it was I would appreciate it!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 PM

joe3llis is on a distinguished road

I went ahead and got a new central control unit and that fixed it. Hope that helps.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM

mjbirdie75 is on a distinguished road
Default Fix

I too have a Duet washer and ran into same problem. Took me forever to figure it out. Problem lies in the female connectors to the board. The "shut down during spin" problem lies with the power wire harness connection (mine was green in color). They lose tension over time.

I tried shims I fashioned from a business card which worked for a while but the problem later resurfaced as the harness worked it's way loose enough over time. It only takes a split second of little to no continuity to shut the unit down during cycle. The result is door stays locked but miraculously the unit May power back on leaving you to start a new cycle wait for spin and the process repeats itself.

No need to replace CCU if this is your problem. (They run in the $230 range btw). I cut a 6" stand of speaker wire (16 ga) and attached butt connectors (male to the wire harness side; females to the CCU side).

The male butt connectors fit snugly into the wire harness side. Problem free ever since.

Quite a frustrating experience. It is a quality issue, but not a difficult nor expensive fix. If anyone needs further guidance as to how to do what I have described, please reply to the thread and I will be happy to assist.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.