Discuss

Kenmore washer dial doesn't move

in

Washer Repair

. "

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Last question I hope. Are the timers available on this site also? Thanks again,

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore washer dial doesn't move

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 PM

RandallFlagg is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Last question I hope. Are the timers available on this site also? Thanks again, hope it works

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

There are only a few sites using factory part numbers, Sears is one. Just crunch in the part # they give at Sears into this site and it will give you a new # with AP in front of it at a reduced cost.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 AM

I finally got to Sears Parts when it wasn't down. The part for the timer is 3951708. This site has 3 pics and it looks like the timer is encased in plastic. If you can would you have a look and see if there is anything you would recommend me trying with the contact cleaner and that timer. If I have to replace it, how difficult is it to get to. Do I need to pretty much dissemble the washer. Thanks again for your knowledge.

Edited. Just spent some time searching for how to open up the control panel. It's too late to look today, but if I read it right, I pop the side caps off and look for 2 screws (1 per side) that hold the control panel down. Remove screws and pull towards the front and up. Then I should have access to the timer. Does sound correct? Thanks again

Last edited by RandallFlagg : 05-31-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Timer part # here is AP3100179. I would pry open the cover opposite the connector with a putty knife and spray the contacs inside, then close it and seal with a piece of nylon packing tape.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply. I finally tried your latest advice today, but it didn't fix the problem. I removed the timer assembly and pried the top off. It broke a couple of little tabs, but the tape held it on reassembly. I made sure to spray the brass arms really good. There were a few rows of them and I tried to get to all of them. I reassembled the timer and ran it, but I still didn't get the knob to move. I'm sure it's the timer, I just hate to spend $75 for a new one and find it doesn't fix the problem either. That would blow! Before I go that route, I wanted to see if you have any more suggestions. Thanks as always.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Looks like your timer motor is blown open, you will need a new timer.I assume you turned the timer dial while spraying.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I'll have to see whether or not it's worth just buying a new front loader instead of messing with this one. Again thanks for the assistance.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.