Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbohemian  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:27:31 PM(UTC)
bbohemian

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene for your response. I already thought about it since I saw few other posts about the same situation. I wonder however, why Frigidaire doesn't sell the arm by itself - I was able (and quite easy) to remove the broken spider arms. There are 6 bolts holding it (2 bolts per arm) and the part would be probably under 20 bucks, opposed to the whole inner tub, which will run ten times more.

Btw, funny thing about the shaft bolts - while I was taking everything apart, I used only US standard numeric tools. That is until I wanted to take off the shaft - the spider arm bolts are 10mm European metric... go figure.

As mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I bought the washer new in mid' 2000 and the inner tub has 25 years warranty so I am hoping Frigidaire will send me new one free of charge. It should be easy repair now - when I am half way through, right? :-)

Thanks again for all your help, I do appreciate it!

Frank
Gene  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:34:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Good luck and keep us posted.

Gene.
bbohemian  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:55:04 AM(UTC)
bbohemian

Well, the job is done and the washer (knock on wood) has been running fine for a few weeks by now :D :D :D

It was not that bad after all with all your help. I could not have done it without having the service manual - after that it was pretty straight forward though time consuming. Even though I busted my back (with all my home projects and this job trying to do at the same time) it was a good experience and I am glad I went for it. I took bunch of detailed digi pics when I was tearing the washer down so if someone is interested let me know.

Thanks guys for all your help. You are great!!!

Frank
Gene  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:27:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We're glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
JTSPO  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 4:47:12 PM(UTC)
JTSPO

Having trouble separate the inner tub from the shell. The bearing holds on to the shaft very tight. pounded on the shaft with a mellat but did not budge. Is there any special tool needed to separate the shell, or trick? Thank, --JT
richappy  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:17:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I sprayed WD-40 on mine, and used a block of oak wood and a log splitter to pound mine off.
JTSPO  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:46:03 AM(UTC)
JTSPO

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I sprayed WD-40 on mine, and used a block of oak wood and a log splitter to pound mine off.

Thanks. I was able to separate them. Now, I have problem re-attach the boot back with the shell. The spring is completely off and I have problem get it on the neck of the shell after the drum assembly is hang. I just can't get the spring on while re-attach the boot at all. Please help.

Thanks.
richappy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:47:27 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It helps to have four hands for this, get someone to help, just have patience, it will go on.
JTSPO  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:01:07 AM(UTC)
JTSPO

Thanks. Unfortunately, after coupla busted knuckles and a scaped foot, a call is placed to the friendly local appliance repairman for an in-house consultation. Hope this won't hurt-- too badly.

--JT.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply