Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bylise  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
Bylise

Groups: Registered

loud and grindiing in spin cycle,never reaches full speed ,clothes are wet and front of plastic tub excessively worn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 6:03:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the rear tub bearing has gone bad. Remove the rear panel and belt. Grab the drum drive pulley and check how it's moving up & down and side to side. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GHW9100LW1 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Bylise  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:19:30 AM(UTC)
Bylise

This is not the issue the bearing is fine I believe the problem is between the outer tub and basket
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:29:49 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Bylise Go to Quoted Post
This is not the issue the bearing is fine I believe the problem is between the outer tub and basket

Take it apart and check for a foreign objects.

Here is the Service manual.

Gene.
Bylise  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:44:11 PM(UTC)
Bylise

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Take it apart and check for a foreign objects.

Here is the Service manual.

The front of the basket seems to be sagging as if something that stabilizes it has let go causing it to wobble and grind
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:00:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Bylise Go to Quoted Post
...The front of the basket seems to be sagging as if something that stabilizes it has let go causing it to wobble and grind...

This is a good sign of worn out rear tub bearing and/or shaft. There is nothing in the front of the washer what can stabilize the front of the basket.

Gene.
seschult  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:59:21 AM(UTC)
seschult

During the spin cycle my machine made a very loud bang noise and then started making banging noises during the spin cycle.

There seem to be many posts suggesting bearings. At first I thought this was the case as the drum had some play in it. The play was great enough that the drum hit the plastic drum during the spin cycle and melted the plastic.

I took the entire machine apart and removed the steel drum from the plastic drum only to find that the drive shaft is attached to the steel drum with 3 legs and one of the legs broke (hence the loud bang in the beginning). The shaft is attached to the drum with 6 screws but is not available as a seperate item. As the drum was spinning the friction between the steel drum and the plactic drum was so great that the steel drum warped!

The parts needed to repair this problem is: A steel drum, the front half of the plactic outer drum. Total price with shipping to my house in Florida $450.00.

My machine was purchased for $1000.00 5 years ago and is never loaded to capacity. We do an average of 3 loads per week. And judging by the number of complaints I have found on the web this seems to be a common problem.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am and will not be purchasing a machine from any manufacturer affiliated with Whirlpool.

I hope this helps.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

If you are talking about front loaders, I would list together with Whirlpool Maytag, Frigidaire, GE as well as any other brand.

If you are looking for least expensive and reliable washing machine then look for a top load washer without any electronics made by...Whilpool.

Gene.
Kanza  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:36:30 PM(UTC)
Kanza

Bad tub bearing or broken basket assembly. expensive fix either way espeacially if front tub assembly is damaged too. $400 + for each part
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply