Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Prospector  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
Prospector

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune TL Washer, FAV6800AWQ. In any of the Wash selections, the washer will fill with water normally then pause for 9 seconds, then wash for 45 seconds, then pause for 9 seconds, and repeat the 45 and 9 seconds wash/pause over and over and over. If I select Spin, the washer will spin normally, drain and shutdown normally. I changed the Machine Control Board/Display, 25001217, but that did not solve the problem. Could the Motor Control Board, 25001079, be the problem?

Any help or information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Frank J. Cina
2431 Wellesbourne Lane
Sherrills Ford, NC 28673-9129
828-478-1011
704-575-0658 (cell)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dh1200s  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 10:33:34 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

I’ll try to help I own the machine and do all my on service but I’m no expert.
What are the first two digits of your serial number of the machine? It will be 10 through 17.
“”In any of the Wash selections, the washer will fill with water normally then pause for 9 seconds, then wash for 45 seconds””.

Do you here the tumblers rotating the wash basket load? You can release the washer top from the base once the water fill is satisfied and observe.

Did you replace the Control Board or a repair service and any error codes to the Console like LR with this issue?

I would pull off the front panel and observe the Clutch Pulley when in wash/agitate cycle. Do you feel comfortable doing that? If so watch out for the exposed drive belt. In wash/agitate cycle the Control Board will signal the Motor Controller to power the motor CW driving the Clutch Pulley CW driving the agitator shaft to the tranny rotating the tumblers. Do you see that action? I’m just want to make sure there is no binding in the drive system like Clutch Pulley One-Way Roller Clutch bearing seized.

I would remove power to the washer and see if you can rotate the Clutch Pulley CW by hand with no binding there will be resistance but you should be able to rotate by hand. From what you describe the Spin Direction CCW Clutch Pulley rotation is OK.

Do you have the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual? If not here ya go. It will get you through front panel removal. Lets observe the Wash/Agitate action and ensure the motor in spinning CW OK.

Are you familiar with placing the machine in Service Mode and Display Diagnostic Codes?

We may want to go into the Diag Code blocks and record all errors to date. I would do that record all error code blocks that show up then clear the list……Dick
Prospector  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:27:55 AM(UTC)
Prospector

Thank you for responding. I did not know that Wash Cycle is 45 sec wash and 9 second pause. Does the 45-9 repeate for different durations for different wash selections? Would I expect a longer duration of the 45-9 when using Super Wash versus Normal Wash? If this is the case then I don't think I have a problem. I put the washer on Normal when I went to church this morning and when I got back home the washer had completed a full wash, rinse and spin.
dh1200s  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:23:23 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Frank,

You said “” In any of the Wash selections, the washer will fill with water normally then pause for 9 seconds, then wash for 45 seconds, then pause for 9 seconds, and repeat the 45 and 9 seconds wash/pause over and over and over. “”

The Super Wash cycle has some pause portions in that Wash Cycle selection. But you mentioned “”any of the Wash selections “”. Was that a correct statement if so you may have an intermittent problem and I would suspect system binding in the Wash cycle.

If you were correct with your initial statement “”any of the Wash selections “”. Then I think your issue will return.

I just kicked off a Super Wash cycle with min Soil and Spin settings. The Super Wash cycle started and ran for several minutes before the first pause in the cycle (soak period).

To respond to your statement “”I did not know that Wash Cycle is 45 sec wash and 9 second pause.”” It's not for any of my selected wash cycles... i.e. a quick wash was for about 4 minutes long I believe before the first Spin Cycle.

I hope the 45 sec wash/9 sec pause was a glitch. If not post back and we will try to help.

Did you replace the Control Board or a Service Rep?

Good Luck…..Dick
dh1200s  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:00:45 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Frank,

I was wrong about the wash/agitate cycle and the pause between those cycles.

I should have stayed in front of the machine before my response. I just did a Quick Wash cycle min machine settings for Soil/Spin and it went thru three cycles of agitate apx 45 seconds and pause 9 sec or so as you observed before the first drain pump turn on. So this does appear to be normal for the machine. Next wash load I will do in Super Wash cycle and watch closely the agitate pause cycle period before first drain cycle and post back results. Sorry for not paying closer attention to this.

Dick
Prospector  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:17:31 PM(UTC)
Prospector

Thanks for staying with me as I worked through this. The machine works fine now and the wife is off my back. I changed the Control Board myself - it was $201 plus tax. I got it at a local supplier. Might have been a little cheaper via the web but then I'd have to wait another several days without clean clothes and living with an unhappy wife. I did not change the motor control board.

Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply