Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtoddrn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 8:14:11 AM(UTC)
jtoddrn

Groups: Registered

Good Morning.....My Frigidaire Gallery Supreme front loader washer is not working right....It is getting power and the water is working in it but the inside metal drum is not moving. It is not moving the clothes during the wash cycle OR spinning the clothes dry. We did have a flood in our cellar last week with about 3 inches of water but it only came up to the bottom of the machine and again, the machine is turning on and getting water and power. Also, I have tried to run the machine while empty and it STILL wont move (just making sure it wasnt an overloaded machine issue) and I also am manually able to turn the drum so I dont think anything is stuck that is making it not able to turn either. I called the local appliance store and they can send a tech out but not until later next week and due to the flood I have LOTS of stuff that needs washing so if I can solve this without having to wait OR spend the money on a tech, that would be GREAT!! Thanks for the help!! Also, the door is locking when I turn on the machine to try and run a cycle so I DONT think it is a door issue but if you think that could be involved, how do I check it if I need to?? Upon checking, the Model # is GSTF1670AS0 and the Serial # is XC40709308
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 10:03:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Sorry to hear about the flooding, and hope we can get you going, but you need to know that in many cases it is just not economically or technically feasible to repair a machine that has suffered in a flood.

You want to take off the back and see if the motor is turning when it supposed to be agitating. It probably is, which would then shift your attention to the speed (motor) control board which is low on the machine and likely damaged.

Here is a service manual that will take you through some troubleshooting and show you how to take it apart.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co..._TumbleActionWashers.pdf
jtoddrn  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:49:08 AM(UTC)
jtoddrn

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to hear about the flooding, and hope we can get you going, but you need to know that in many cases it is just not economically or technically feasible to repair a machine that has suffered in a flood.

You want to take off the back and see if the motor is turning when it supposed to be agitating. It probably is, which would then shift your attention to the speed (motor) control board which is low on the machine and likely damaged.

Here is a service manual that will take you through some troubleshooting and show you how to take it apart.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co..._TumbleActionWashers.pdf

Upon looking, you could SEE the water damage (you could see the actual LINE as to where the water went up to) on the board itself...a few more inches it would have been the motor!! So the part was like 140 bucks, not too bad, I got it and had it installed, washing machine is back to running status!! Thank you!!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:38:52 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well great that you got it going and did not have to replace it.

Thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply