Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cestep  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 7:12:21 AM(UTC)
cestep

Groups: Registered

The pump did not pump the water out and therefore the tub would not spin. I could hear the pump making a humming noise. I removed the drain hose and the water drained. I purchased a new pump Appliance Parts recommended for this model, but the new pump has three openings for hose attachments. The defunct has only two. One opening has what seems to be a plug. I just want to make certad in that this the correct pump before I install. If you have ever worked on a Neptune, you understand the logistical difficulty in working on the washer.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 7:43:56 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Look into your old pump; into the port that connects to the washer tub. See if you have a coin or similar object stuck to the (flapper) check valve. This is a common cause for this pump not working, and has caused many people to needlessly buy a replacement pump.
Here's the part number for your pump. Part number: AP4035317
cestep  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 9:51:46 AM(UTC)
cestep

I have already purchased a replacement pump. I thought to unplug the power source to the old pump to see the connections were overly corrodided, and one of the prongs from the pump is loose.

I will check for a coin in the incoming valve, but since the pump's electric connection is damaged, I fear I need to use the new pump.

As I said in my original post, the new pump has three ports. One is plugged or seems to be. Can I assume that is the port I do not use?

Also, how do I get the old pump free from the base of the washer. It is loose and will wiggle, but I cannot see or access a screw or bolt. Is there an easy way to remove the old pump?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 10:05:36 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Once the anchoring screw(s) are removed, the unit pivots out of slotted "keyholes" in the machine base. Match up the ports that are used in your machine, and leave the thire one capped.
cestep  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 11:37:47 AM(UTC)
cestep

If you look at the picture of the replacement pump, which is identical to the one I purchased, there are three ports. The one facing out, with the black flapping device attaches to hose from the tub or going to the drain? Also, the large port adjacent to the bracket device, is open. Should it be closed? Or will it close when water is being pumped from the tub?

I did manage to get the old pump out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply