Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
semtex  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:34:10 PM(UTC)
semtex

Groups: Registered

OK so here is my lil story hope for some advice, though really I'm pretty sure I'm just going to replace the thing. When used washers are $100 it's tough to justify fixing 'em.

But anyway.

Wifey says the washing machine is not spinning....But I can hear the motor running...Not knowing the cabinet comes off I turn it upside down..."Oh what's this" I ask myself as I spot a destroyed looking rubber thingy....google tells me it's a motor coupler...makes perfect sense!....buy one the next day....replace it....job done, right?

wrong

now i can hear the motor making an electric humming noise....like the sound of current...but nothing is happening....and I notice that I really can't spin the basket....is this normal, i don't know....so I take it apart the proper way and realize that once separated, the motor spins freely, the input shaft to the basket spins freely but the basket is a huge biatch to turn by hand...

I suspect the basket has broken down somehow. locked up in some way. and when this happened it caused the coupler, which was already on it's way out, to implode.

so anyway, i'm pretty handy but really looking at this basket, it looks expensive, and seeing the internet tells me i need a special tool to take it off, and another used washer is so inexpensive...yadda yadda yadda,

scrap this thing?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.