Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boniam  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:10:15 PM(UTC)
boniam

Groups: Registered

Sorry i was out for couple of days so couldn't check reply. Coupler looked ok to me. The tran coupler was not very hard.

I am confused about the desired motion of agitator. It looks it is a one piece agitator. How it is suppoed to move? Currently when motor is removed agitator moves only 3/4 cycle clock and anti-clockwise. Some times it slips and move freely in clockwise and if i start rotating it anti clock wise it engages with transmisison again. Is this right? If anybody can tell me or send me any thing on web that explains how agitator works in perticular model then i will be thankful. STILL NEED SOME Help.
SublimeMasterJW  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 6:57:12 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The agitator has a set of dogs that wearout from time to time. As the agitator moves back and forth on this washer the dogs grab inside the top portion of the agitator and force the clothes downward.direct drive cabinet removal.jpg
SublimeMasterJW attached the following image(s):
dawgs.jpg
boniam  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:17:06 PM(UTC)
boniam

Thanks again SublimeMasterJW. I think i now know that agitator is supposed to move only 3/4 circle back and forth and it seems to work. I think i will open the agitator and make sure its parts are ok. I have two question: (1) How is agitator engaged with transmission? If it moves freely then what could be wrong?
(2) Does the inner tub (one wih holes in it) spin during spin cycle? Does that move manually also? Currenly i am not able to move that manually? SHould i look into break and cluch also?
Thanks for the help. I think answer to these questions will get me started on actual repair.
boniam  
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2008 6:30:34 PM(UTC)
boniam

I found some cloth stuck between outer and inner tub and i removed that. With that i think it will spin. However, the agitator doesn't move manually if i clamp the pump. If the pump is not clamped then with motor axle movement the agitator moves back and forth. However it sometimes slips and moves freely. Is agitator supposed to move manually with pump clamped? If it is then what could be the cause of it not moving. Also is it normal that agitator starts moving freely without pump and then engages again. This is a single piece agitator.

Thanks
richappy  
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 3:02:38 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Turn timer to a wash cycle and tell us what happens. Will the washer now agitate?
boniam  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:19:49 AM(UTC)
boniam

I pulled off the inlet hose from water pump and found couple of small socks stuck badly there. I think that is the main cause of all problems and the socks are stuck so badly that it is not even moving and it is diffcult to remove also. I will try to remove them or i might have to replace the whole pump. Thanks for all the help. I am very hopeful that it will work if i could now assemble everything back. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply