Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carmotion  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 8:15:51 AM(UTC)
carmotion

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a whirlpool Estate series washer model TAWS750PQ0 that functions correctly and service people have been here numerous times and carefully looked it over for problems and found nothing wrong.
The only problem we are having is an ordor coming from inside the machine tub that the past techs have attributed to a small amount of water that is left behind each time it is used and stored in the outer plastic drum. The pump is almost new and functions well. We have done a load with clorox and hot water only which cures it for a short time but it comes back. The clothing washes clean with no odor. We have 2 of these units and the other one of the same age smells fine. The pvc drain piping has a prop a vent hooked to it and is not clogged. it is however hooked up to a sewer line that does not have a trap in it. The smell is unlike sewage so I do not believe that is where it comes from. This is driving my smell obsessed wife crazy and she is about to scrap it just for this problem. Any suggestions PLEASE????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 9:22:58 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

It is quite normal to have asmall amount of water left in the outer tub after the wash cycle. Have you tried leaving the lid open after the load? Did any of the techs look for a sock or similar piece of clothing between the tub and spinner?
carmotion  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 11:56:42 AM(UTC)
carmotion

Thanks for the reply. Untill recently that smell was not present. I will check for any obstruction as you mentioned but what can I do to make that smell go away? It is really a nasty odor and either we make it go away or we throw out a perfectly good washer. There must be some way to make all the water drain out. Why does it stay? We must find an answer....
stinkywashingmachine  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2012 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
stinkywashingmachine

I have the same problem and it is making me crazy. Just ran an empty load with bleach and hot water... I dont expect it to fix it after seeing other posts. Still looking for an answer....
Machine is only about 6 years old and runs fine otherwise.

Originally Posted by: carmotion Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. Untill recently that smell was not present. I will check for any obstruction as you mentioned but what can I do to make that smell go away? It is really a nasty odor and either we make it go away or we throw out a perfectly good washer. There must be some way to make all the water drain out. Why does it stay? We must find an answer....
carmotion  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:27:29 PM(UTC)
carmotion

I had that problem over 2 years ago. Back then I took the whole washer apart and found that greasy work clothing ( I am a car mechanic) had left a residue on the plastic drum. I scrubbed it off and the smell was gone. I also found that when using tide concentarted detergent you have to use a lesser quantity or the suds are too much and that caused it to drain improperly. I have been using this machine now still with no smell or problems.
stinkywashingmachine  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 5:33:48 PM(UTC)
stinkywashingmachine

Thanks- I don't see me taking apart the machine... but I wouldn't be surprised it there was a sock or 2 that tried to escape. I have been cutting down the amount of detergent I use, but sometimes my daugther comes over to do her laundry and tends to do realy large loads...and probably uses more soap.

I guess I will have to check out how to take it apart. I know I had another washer years ago and I remember calling a washer repair guy who walked me through openning the top to get at the drum and move it to the side and there was a sock there. I don't remember why I called him though... I don't think it was because of a smell.

But thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to check it out.
carmotion  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 2:34:35 AM(UTC)
carmotion

No Problem.

As I remember it the machine come apart rather easily. Remove the screws on the back that hold the top down and lift it forward disengageing the front retainers. Take off the back plate and remove the outer shell. Most everything is then accessible. Good luck...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply