Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SuperWm  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:09:52 PM(UTC)
SuperWm

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore front loader is rubbing the gasket and spinning slowly. I was next to it when I heard a noise like a spring breaking and hitting the tub. Turning by hand causes a rub on the gasket.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

GLK  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:48:21 AM(UTC)
GLK

Groups: Registered

Hopefully it is just one of the three springs that suspend the shell from the upper frame, or one the level-shocks that stabilize the shell from the bottom, and not the dreaded spider bracket breakdown problem, so common in these machines. The aluminum spider bracket, supporting the spin-tub, is easily and systematically corroded and broken down over a 4 to 6 year period. Detergent types and water hardness are NOT acceptable excuses for this colossal design flaw in an appliance that Sears still sold for $650 in 2006. The spider bracket is bolted to the rear edge of the spin-tub with two bolts on each arm end. However, it is not sold as a separate part from the spin tub. Last year I spent $217 for a replacement spider bracket & spin-tub assembly from Sears Parts Direct and did the labor myself. But before installing it, I coated the replacement aluminum bracket (still just as vulnerable to deterioration) with two heavy coats of metal primer, one layer of auto-body repair epoxy, filled the space between the spider bracket and the stainless steel spin-tub with water resistant insulating foam, and finally layered everything with silicone sealant. I chose this option because I expect to be able to replace the individual bearings myself in the event they eventually broke down too. Otherwise it would hardly be worth it. Unfortunately this machine was junk, and I only wonder how many other Sears appliances share the same shortcomings.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply