Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ramchaza  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2010 7:41:46 PM(UTC)
ramchaza

Groups: Registered

I can't get the model # of my Maytag Atlantis as it's filled with water. Hose isn't kinked or blocked. It will spin fine but the water doesn't drain out. Sometimes if I turn it back to spin it'll work but it's hit and miss.

How do I check the lid switch? I think I see that the little white thing in the lid switch isn't dropping down all the way as it moves down when I fiddle with it. Any way to theck it other than taking the top off the washer???

Help! It worked great for a few days when I got it home, bought it used and lady said she never had a problem with it!!!

thanks so much,
Theresa:(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:28:14 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

You may have a restricted or blocked pump. First, try lifting the drain hose almost completely out of the drain stand pipe as it's spinning. If it starts to drain, you just had it too far into the pipe. If not, you can let the water siphon out by lowering the hose below the level of the water in the tub. It takes a little longer, but only costs you time. With the water out, you can then examine the machine for the cause of the problem. Let us know what you find. We can explain to you how to gain access to the inside of your machine, if needed.
ramchaza  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
ramchaza

Groups: Registered

While fiddling around with it I saw that the place where the thing on the lid pushes into the thing on the washer to make it spin, well that little white thing wasn't dropping down all the way. I got a thin skewer and was able to make the little white switch thing drop down all the way.

So I think it's called the lid switch? Was able to get the water all drained out after I got the white thing that's attahed to the washer part to drop down.

Is there a way to fix that without thaking the whole thing apart? Or do I have to replace the entire lid switch? Any plain English directions would me most welcome!

thanks so much,
Theresa
magician59  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:40:21 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

What's the model number?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply