Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alpierro  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:30:31 PM(UTC)
alpierro

Groups: Registered

How do I remove the timer button on the machine? the water level button and temp button just pulled off.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:19:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem with your washer is a bad lid switch (#11 on the top & cabinet break down diagram), not the timer.

- The part number for the lid switch is AP3094500

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid washer Model KAWE560WWH3

Gene.
alpierro  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 5:58:56 AM(UTC)
alpierro

My wife gave me more information on the problem, she says if she sets the water level to small or medium the washer completes the cycle and stops as normal. It is when she sets the water level to Large that it stops after it fills. Does that mean the water level switch is a problem??? Thanks again for your input. Have a great day!!!!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:41:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Set the water level to Large. Start the cycle.

If it would stop after it fills then unplug the washer, open the control panel, remove the "V' & "T" wires from the water level switch and check for continuity across "V" & "T" terminals on the water level switch. Replace the water level switch if it's open.

- The part number for the water level switch is AP2907096

Gene.
alpierro  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 6:11:05 AM(UTC)
alpierro

I checked continuity on the V and T terminals on the water level switch and get good continuity. Since that was good I went and checked the lid switch for a short when actuated and I get a good short. Today we filled the machine and found that the timer advances through all the cycles. However as before it does not agitate but does rinse and spin. Does the motor have a separate winding for agitate and one for spin ? Could this mean the moter is bad for wash/agitate only? Do you have any other suggestions?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 2:16:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

I do not see how a problem with the motor or the timer could be connected to water level, especially if there is nothing wrong with the water level switch. Did your wife used the same wash cycle when it happened or she used different cycles?

Gene.

P.S. Here is the wiring diagram for your washer.
alpierro  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 4:43:41 PM(UTC)
alpierro

The machine is not going into the wash cycle at any water level now. When I reported that it worked at the medium water level I think what happened was my wife left the machine after it started to fill. Since the timer advanced it eventually went into the rest of the cycles and since it rinsed and went through the spin and then to off it looked like it worked. In any case it fills, the timer advances but it does not agitate but does all other functions. At the agitate duration of the timer I did not hear anything other than the timer advancing. The motor didn't make any noise during that agitate cycle.

I noticed on another response you made to the same problem you mentioned the agitator dog was the problem. My agitator top spins freely in both directions and so does the agitator bottom. Does that mean the Agitator Dogs are bad in my machine?

If the above isn't the problem do I need to check the motor. do I check for continuity at the Low winding between V and W-Bk?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 6:48:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

I would remove the cabinet and check the motor plug and all wires to the motor. If there is nothing wrong then the problem, most likely, is a bad timer.

Gene.
alpierro  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:04:32 PM(UTC)
alpierro

I will check the motor plug as you suggest. If ok I will replace the timer.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:45:04 AM(UTC)
Gene

Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply