Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:43:27 AM(UTC)
mrt

Groups: Registered

Alright, last week our washer decides not to pump the water out. I dig this kinda stuff, so I prepare the washer for service and drain the tub. The washer fills, spins, agitates, but won't drain. I checked for clogs below the agitator, in both hoses, exit port at the wall, and the operability of the lid switch- gotta be the pump right? Well, after installing an $85 pump I've got no pumpage! $%#*&!

I'm actually quite surprised I could not find a post for this problem anywhere on the web. I know: most sane people would replace a 12 year-old washer, right? But why spoil all this fun? I have now pulled the control panel and found the schematic- in my limited understanding could the "pressure switch" be my problem? I have read about timers failing, but the machine works through three-quarters of a cycle. I would greatly appreciate any advice to resolve this problem and learn a little along the way.

"Wading" in Sugar Grove :cool:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

gmbdinc  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
gmbdinc

Are you getting power to your pump? If not, the problem is the timer. The timer makes sevral "Connections" at one time. If it is not "Connecting" the pump, more than likely the contact is burnt or damaged. These timers or not that heavy duty. Anyway, check for voltage at your pump.
mrt  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:51:49 AM(UTC)
mrt

Hello gmbdinc:

I new someone smart would force me to go dig out my voltmeter- we recently moved to this home and it's probably packed at the bottom of the last box I'll open... Thank you greatly though for the timer lesson. Could have saved myself half the cost and some hassle had I posted prior to going "commando" with the pump assumption.

BTW, I have pulled the rear assembly of the timer to remove it. Plastic parts and a U-shaped pin surrounding the knob post. If I get stuck would you check back in case I need a tip to pull the knob out?

Again, thanks,
mrt
gmbdinc  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:20:51 PM(UTC)
gmbdinc

Timers are not ment to be "feild" serviced, they are VERY complex inside. you may find out what happend, but it is extreemly difficult to repair. Check the voltage AT THE PUMP first then, if you want to disassemble the timer fine, just keep in mind you probably will not be able to fix the timer and... you may need to replace it. At least you will get the thrill of knowing what's broke. Then what to replace.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply