Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tencmn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:58:17 PM(UTC)
tencmn

Groups: Registered

I have not had a washer for three months waiting on the CCU board. I am unable to get my washer to start any cycles. When I start a cycle all it wants to do is lock the door and light up add a garment. I have ran the diagnostics and it pointed to the door latch. I have replaced this latch twice with no luck. I have replaced the CCU twice now and actually replaced the CCU, door latch, and pressure switch hoping this would fix it. No luck it just acts like it wants to start a cycle and sometimes it will start to time down others it just sits doing nothing. When I run the diagnostics it will light the rinse/spin cycle which points back to the door latch. I cant afford to keep buying latchs and CCUs and not solve the problem. I have tested the pump and it works fine. Next option replace the motor controls at $160. I have had this washer for 1 year and 5 months and it started having issues 2 months after the warranty went out. I have been without it for three months!!
Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 7:35:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Have you performed the Manual diagnostic test as described in the Tech sheet (page 7)?

Gene.
tencmn  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:35:47 AM(UTC)
tencmn

Yes I have performed the diagnostics multiple times. It generally gives me a F-26 and than a Rinse/Spin. I have replaced the door lock latch with two new ones and replaced the CCU twice with no luck. It always ends up with the same error codes. Sometimes it will allow me to start a cycle but generally it just stays in the cycle I select and does nothing but lock the door and shows add a garment.
I have tried a new door latch, new vacumn switch, new CCU with no luck.
I jyust purchased a new motor control but dont want to open the box at $175 if I dont need it.
I have also removed the pump and inspected the impeller and pump operation. Its good.

I wish there was a way to reset the entire system, it seems like its stuck in a loop.
tencmn  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:38:58 AM(UTC)
tencmn

Originally Posted by: tencmn Go to Quoted Post
Yes I have performed the diagnostics multiple times. It generally gives me a F-26 and than a Rinse/Spin. I have replaced the door lock latch with two new ones and replaced the CCU twice with no luck. It always ends up with the same error codes. Sometimes it will allow me to start a cycle but generally it just stays in the cycle I select and does nothing but lock the door and shows add a garment.
I have tried a new door latch, new vacumn switch, new CCU with no luck.
I jyust purchased a new motor control but dont want to open the box at $175 if I dont need it.
I have also removed the pump and inspected the impeller and pump operation. Its good.

I wish there was a way to reset the entire system, it seems like its stuck in a loop.

I also cancel the cycle and the add a garment lite flashes and the door remains locked.
tencmn  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:04:47 AM(UTC)
tencmn

I have also checked the resistance across the door latch per the manual and I get 120 ohms across DLS pins1&3 and get 60 ohms across 2&3. I have found this on all three of the door latch assemblys I have. I have heard Whirlpool redesigned this latch because it was causing voltage problems with the CCU. Am I stuck in a never ending circle replacing bad parts with bad parts?
tencmn  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:59:58 AM(UTC)
tencmn

I installed my newest door latch assembly and CCU. Now I get an F-26 error code and a drain/spin lights. For some reason this machine keeps wanting to lock the door and will not start a cycle.
tencmn  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:53:41 PM(UTC)
tencmn

I replaced the motor control unit and it started working. Thanks Whirlppol for allowing me to spend $350 in parts on a washer only 1-1/3 yrs old and putting my family through grief for 3 months.
I hope this thread helps someone else to solve their repair problems.
perduena  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:58:19 AM(UTC)
perduena

After reading the post on this forum, I replaced the motor control unit, and it was the fix... Thanks.
HANDYCOPIER  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:08:34 PM(UTC)
HANDYCOPIER

Originally Posted by: tencmn Go to Quoted Post
I replaced the motor control unit and it started working. Thanks Whirlppol for allowing me to spend $350 in parts on a washer only 1-1/3 yrs old and putting my family through grief for 3 months.
I hope this thread helps someone else to solve their repair problems.

O.M.G! i am having the same issue. f-o1 , went through 2 ccu boards. checked all the components for ohms . add garment light on and door locks . also can not run diagnostic test. will try MCU . Thanks for paving the way
grnphrog  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:37:07 PM(UTC)
grnphrog

Handy... did it work for you?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply