Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
foxqueisser  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:50:24 AM(UTC)
foxqueisser

Groups: Registered

Hello again, abadfish66! I got the part for my washer (the WH08x10022 front door boot gasket). I am now ready to try to replace the part. I have your instructions which you gave to Chrisinomaha in May, but since he had already completed the first step (removing the first "O" ring & removing the outer seal), I need the instructions for that! Do you mind including that part of the instructions for me? I can follow the rest based upon what you told Chrisinomaha! Thanks again for your help!

Foxqueisser in Indy
abadfish66  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 6:23:23 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Sure, open the door, and on the bottom of the boot, lift up on the rubber to expose the outer ring that holds it to the front. Grab the ring by the spring with some needlenose pliers and pull it off.
TexasHorns  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:16:49 PM(UTC)
TexasHorns

Great post, thanks for the detailed instructions!

When I ordered the door gasket from a local parts shop, their system pulled up the part number WH08X10036 would fit my model washer.

My first time to replace the boot, so it took at least 4-5 hrs. Most of the time was trying to get to the screw on the inner ring.

I tried the suggestion of using needle nose pliers and 1/4 drill extension with 1/4 phillips head, but I couldn't get a good angle with my model washer. I think part of the suspension mechanism was in the way.

Went to Lowes and found a GearWrench MicroDriver. Spent a while trying different positions and extensions until I was able to get something that worked.

Removing the lower access panel lets you have one arm from underneath to work the wrench, and the other arm from the front to keep pressure on the screw. It was slow and frustrating because of the limited space, but eventually the screw is loose enough that you can turn it with your fingers, and get the boot off.

I also spent a lot of time using the old damaged boot to do some "practice runs" of re-seating and lining up the gasket. The part seems pretty durable, but I was paranoid about ripping the new one by accident.

Thanks again for this post, it was a life saver!
rwade  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:37:25 AM(UTC)
rwade

i do not have my washing machine model number with me; however i do know that the part number for the boot is WH08X10036. Where can I find detailed instructions for replacing this part? Are there schematics available? Thanks so much.
Gene  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 10:35:01 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In order to provide most accurate advise we need the complete model number of the washer.

Gene.
ksisco  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:43:19 PM(UTC)
ksisco

After reading the posts about the common man replacing the gasket I felt I could do it. After removing the old and about 20 min into putting in the old, I gave up. I dont know how you can get that gasket on with the front of the machine on, so I took the entire front of my machine off as well as the top. It took about 5 min and Within 10 min I had the gasket on with the help of my wife's hands to hold the top portion after I got it started. **NOTE: when you take your control panel off and unplug the 9 number plugs, number them so there is no mistake to where they go when its time to reinstall it. Then I put the front and top back on and the front portion of the gasket was pretty easy too. Dont pay $125 + for someone to replace this.
MSUDawg  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:08:45 PM(UTC)
MSUDawg

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
no additional parts after you loosen the screw. I like to use a 1/4 inch drive 1/4 inch socket with a phillips head bit inside the socket, Gives it just enough wobble to get the screw loose. once you loosen the screw grab the screw and the boot and pull off the tub. If the screw is loose enough it's easy to pull off. Don't forget about the little water nozzle at the top center of the boot, just pull it out of the boot. Now, take the clamp from the old boot, and put it around the new boot. You should see the lip of the tub where the boot will go into. This is where you need patience. Make sure the boot is centered, meaning the hole for the little hose is dead center. There is also a marking on the tub top center to line it up. Start putting the boot on the tub, I start at the top, and work your way around. You will be able to feel it going into the lip of the tub. Once you get it in, make sure the clamp is sitting in the groove, and tighten the screw up, Don't over tighten, but make it snug.. Now put the little hose at top throught the hole in the boot, smear liquid detergent around the hole and slide the hose in, make sure the plastic arrow lines up with the arrow on the boot. Put the front of boot back on the front of the machine, and the clamp, and your done.....

Hi, I'm in the same situ and would like to know if the back of the rear part of the gasket (where the O ring seats) must go over the plastic lip attached to the drum while the front of the rear gasket slides into the drum lip...is that clear enough for a diagnosis?
ksisco  
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:12:42 PM(UTC)
ksisco

I dont remember if it was on the drum or not but with the help from my wife she held the top and I stretched the gasket around the lip. It was a bit tight. I think I know what other lip your talking about and if u look at the lower part where there are slots for the water to drain you can see that the gasket needs to go to the lower lip so water doesnt drain onto the floor but rather into where it is suppesed to go. I have no idea how anyone can put this on without taking off the from of the washer. With my wife's help I got this on in about 20 min with very little frushration. Also this was our first time doing this repair.

ks
MSUDawg  
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:36:06 PM(UTC)
MSUDawg

Was hoping i wouldn't have to take off front but will give your suggestion a shot as i've seen others on oterh sites say the same, thank you ksisco.
espressola  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 10:14:04 AM(UTC)
espressola

abadfish, would the same instructions work for model # WHDVH626FWW? Thank you very much- I love how this machine works but I am upset that it broke down after very little use! Patty
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply