Discuss

duet cycle light flashes, won't run

in

Washer Repair

. "

This happened after a wash load that may have been hot water. Perhaps it's possible moisture got on the CCU

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » duet cycle light flashes, won't run

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

This happened after a wash load that may have been hot water. Perhaps it's possible moisture got on the CCU and caused your problem.
I would try spraying the CCU with non-residue contact cleaner, put a fan on it, and check later if it now works.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM

darkcloud is on a distinguished road

to the OP...did you get it fix?? im having the same problem right now. thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 AM

well it was the little black button that had broken off. located at the top of the latch and this button is pushed in by the door.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM

rtbme is on a distinguished road

i just replaced the ccu to no avail. the unit did make the click when i powered it back up. i thought i was all set. when i went to run the self test cycle(diagnostic test) it went back to doing what is was before. flashing the cycle selection light. funny you mentioned the little black tit from the switch. i just found this on the floor. it's 1/8" x 1/4". cant see where this broke of from. you saying it's from within the switch? I'm going to try jumping the switch out to see. bummed I just spent close to $200 and the machine is not fixed.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM

so i have removed the door switch and taken it apart, not an easy task but it can be done. The tit is broken off, it is under the micro switch.i have it bonded now, i'm waiting for it to cure. for those wondering what this tit is, it sticks out above the door latch, just above the top torx20 screw. You'll see on the back of the door 2 round buns that project out about 1/2", the one closest to the latch is smaller, this is the one that engages w/the small black tit. this tit is spring loaded. door closes and pushes the tit in and triggers the microw switch within the door latch assembly.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 PM

the broken tit was the problem, washer is running. hope this helps someone w/the same problem of the blinking cycle light
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM

$200 ouch ....Spent $53 for a new lock/latch assembly. Placed the order from appliancepartspro and got it the next day from CT to RI.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Fredwb is on a distinguished road
Default Front load cycle light blinks

Thank you so much! (I have the EXACT same problem (To a "T") I installed a new CCU & Interface bourds and when I turned it on I heard the click, but that was it! Still did not work. Everything points to the door switch.
Thanks
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.