Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcilforever  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 12:17:02 AM(UTC)
jcilforever

Groups: Registered

Hello I have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II, Super Capacity Plus. Model # GSQ9364HQ0
that will go through all of the cycles and agitate but when it comes to a spin cycle it will just stop and keep water inside. Just stops and stawy that way full of water. have tried other cycles and all work except for spin in each cycle.

Thank you in advance for your help
:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 2:30:57 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the motor fails to run in spin, you have a bad lid switch Part number: AP3100003
jcilforever  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:39:19 AM(UTC)
jcilforever

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If the motor fails to run in spin, you have a bad lid switch AP3100003

Thank you you were right the part number that was bad was the WASHER LID SWITCH 3949247 .

Thank You,:)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:45:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

disregard this
jcilforever  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 5:11:57 PM(UTC)
jcilforever

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
disregard this

So you are willing to give your own part number but don't want to educate others, which forces them to buy from you alone. I really do appreciate the good advice, but I tracked down the real part number myself.

People should know about this bias:mad:
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:07:12 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

The posting I made was inadvertent, (I thought I responding to another post) but since I am in here let me respond to your comments.

1. Those of us who reply on this Forum are not part of APP. We are volunteers and have no part in the operations of the company. Richappy gave you your diagnosis and probably saved you over $100.00 in service labor and an inflated part cost if you had a tech visit. This was free of charge and on his own time.

2. We use the APP part numbers to reference the part to show you what it looks like. No one said you had to or even should buy from this site. Tracking down this part on any other part site or from a local supplier would take all of about two minutes, so once you were given the information getting the part from someplace else was easy to do.

3. You are obviously free to buy your replacement part from anyone, but if you search around you will find that APP almost always has the lowest cost of combined price and shipping, and their shipping time is phenomenal, usually in two days. That part sells for $40.88 plus tax from the largest national parts supplier, and their shipping is slower and higher. Another widely used Internet parts supplier listed it for $29.55

Low cost and great customer service is why we are comfortable citing APP as a parts supplier.

4. Finally, even if you did find the part a few dollars less expensive, don't you think the right thing to do is to buy your part from the site that free of charge gave you the answer to your problem and saved you a nice piece of change?

Well, whatever you do or did, we hope you have a successful repair and have good luck with your machine in the future.
richappy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 14, 2010 1:43:09 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well said Sidfink43
This administration feels the same way I do. We take pride in steering the customer to a "decent" and "fair" expenditure of money for parts. We do NOT steer a customer into purchase of parts that are not needed, while other sites do!!
In fact, I was thrown out of one repair forum for having the guts to steer a customer to replace only the parts that where needed and not "shotgun" replacement of related parts.
Additionaly, you should realize the parts breakdown for this washer is universally the same as other sites and not unique to Applianceparts pro.
For example, in my sticky "replacing direct drive washer brake shoes" if the brake shoes need replacement, I give a proceedure to repair the existing shoes,and give the actual brake shoe part # 285438 $20, at this site Part number: AP3094432
Part number: AP3094432

The parts breakedown does NOT show the brake shoes, but instead shows the entire spin tube Part number: AP3094539
Part number: AP3094539
at $114 This results in most people using this part and spending an aditional $94 and extending the repair time.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply