Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ggdave  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:43:40 PM(UTC)
ggdave

Groups: Registered

I have read many of the posts regarding this problem. I am leaning towards the pressure switch. Some times the error code happens right away, other times it goes till the 8 minute mark. I have had the tub fill half way up, (water just never shuts off) when normally it is just above the bottom of the door. other times it trips with very little water in it. The unit drains fine, i have taken the pump filter out and cleaned as well as checking hoses for obstructions. I even cleaned out the air vent and pulled several tissues out of it! The pressure switch i assume is a barometric switch, does any one know the pressure it is suppose to trip at? could it be checked with a tool such as a vac/pressure pump used in automotive testing? also has anyone ever had a problem such as the airtrap (where the hose attaches to the bottom of tub housing) getting clogged? As misterfixall asked in a post, I am curious as to what has corrected this problem in other cases
Thank you for your input!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ggdave  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 9:15:05 AM(UTC)
ggdave

I checked the pressure switch with an ohm meter and it tripped at the correct spot. But I also blew very hard into the pressure tube and may have dislodged an obstruction in the airgap as it has now gone 3 cycles with no error.
I will let you know if it starts back up. I am still curios to know what worked for others.
Thanks!
ggdave  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2010 8:47:22 AM(UTC)
ggdave

For any of you that may have this fh error code. My problem turned out that the bottom of the air trap filled with soap and hard-water deposits lint etc. The plastic is semi transparent, so if you can see that the bottom of this part is dark instead of clear, remove it, soak it in CLR or white vinegar for a while then clean it out with a tube brush if you have one, (can be bought cheap at Harbor Freight) be sure to soak the o-ring and clean out the connection at the tub for a leak free re installation.. In my earlier update, I reported that it worked after I blew hard into the pressure line, obviously it cleared just enough junk to let it work for a day. Good luck with your repairs. And for those who have a problem with water re entering tubs, check for obstructions in the float valve. (take tub to pump hose off, need rear panel access, there is a check valve in that hose that prevents water from flowing backwards)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply