Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
papagerrybrown  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:17:02 PM(UTC)
papagerrybrown

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the soap dispenser drawer latch twice and it keeps breaking the hook off of the end. It is plastic and does not seem to have to much spring tension on the drawer pusher assembly but what is to strong for a plastic hook.

AGRAVATED!! Please help :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

samsmith  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 4:06:07 AM(UTC)
samsmith

Contact Electrolux. They have had a number of complaints about this problem. They should offer to send you a repair bulletin along with the required parts (which is another latch and a couple soft plastic spacers.)

The latch is breaking due to the top being misaligned and pushed too far forward thereby stressing the latch. You will have to remove the top cover of the washer, stick the self adhesive spacers along the back edge of the washer frame, then replace the cover, and replace the latch.

I was a little confused about the directions at first. But when it states to place the spacers "inside the screw holes" they mean to the left and right of the exsisting holes on the washer frame. Not inside the hole like you're going to screw back into the spacer.

It's a very simple repair. Just a matter of removing a couple screws.

Good luck.
robby1001  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:29:58 PM(UTC)
robby1001

Samsmith (or anyone): (1) how do I remove the top cover and (2) where on the frame do I place the spacers?

My Electrolux model is EWFLW65H; but it's cabinet and dispenser drawer are identical to Papagerrybrown's EIFLW55H.

Electrolux sent me the "Latch Kit" (part# 137146000). It contained a new latch and two plastic spacers; but no instructions telling me what to do with the spacers. They refuse to send me a copy of the repair service bulletin, claiming liability. Samsmith, how were you able to get a copy?

Since the latch on my washer first broke 9 months after my 1-year warranty for repairs had expired, Electrolux also refuses to cover having the spacers installed by a factory-authorized service provider.

Help!
robby1001  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:55:18 PM(UTC)
robby1001

papagerrybrown, I believe you made an error when typing the model ID of your washer. Probably should be "EIFLW......" instead of "E1FLW......". (capitol i for the 2nd character, instead of the number 1)
samsmith  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 3:20:41 AM(UTC)
samsmith

Originally Posted by: robby1001 Go to Quoted Post
Samsmith (or anyone): (1) how do I remove the top cover and (2) where on the frame do I place the spacers?

My Electrolux model is EWFLW65H; but it's cabinet and dispenser drawer are identical to Papagerrybrown's ELFLW55H.

Electrolux sent me the "Latch Kit" (part# 137146000). It contained a new latch and two plastic spacers; but no instructions telling me what to do with the spacers. They refuse to send me a copy of the repair service bulletin, claiming liability. Samsmith, how were you able to get a copy?

Since the latch on my washer first broke 9 months after my 1-year warranty for repairs had expired, Electrolux also refuses to cover having the spacers installed by a factory-authorized service provider.

Help!

There's a couple screws at the back of the washer which hold the top cover in place. Remove those and the top cover lifts off.

It's service bulletin LN0903. I would think a parts dealer should be able to get you a copy. If not, I still have it and can email you a copy.
robby1001  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 12:38:41 PM(UTC)
robby1001

Samsmith, a big success! :) Many, many thanks! With my model# and the LN# you gave, Sears Parts & Service found the bulletin easily and printed me a copy. Installing the spacers was simple, just as you had written in your first post. I probably could have gotten by without the bulletin; but having it, gave me assurance that I was doing it correctly. By the way, this forum & thread was the only reference to the problem that I could find anywhere.

In case anyone else needs it, the Electrolux bulletin is called "SERVICE FLASH LN0903, Dispenser Drawer Will Not Remain In The Closed Position". It applies to these 7 Electrolux (front-load) washers: EIFLW55HIW, EIFLW55HMB, EIFLW55IKG, EIFLW55IRR, EWFLW65HIW, EWFLW65HSS, EWFLW65HTS, EWFLW65IMB, and EWFLW65IRR. For parts, ask Electrolux to send you a "Latch Kit", part# 137146000.
jbkulp  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:21:07 AM(UTC)
jbkulp

I have the same problem. The latch was easy to replace but there is no instructions on what to do with the spacers. Could someone email me them please? My email is jbk@piasystems.com. Thanks.
robby1001  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:52:35 PM(UTC)
robby1001

jbkulp, I've attached the first page of Service Flash LN0903. It tells how to remove the top panel, where to place the spacers, etc.. (The other 3 pages tell only how to install the latch itself.)
robby1001 attached the following image(s):
bulletin.jpg
jbkulp  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 5:27:29 AM(UTC)
jbkulp

Thanks very much for your help.
mamo5  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
mamo5

I registered on this site just so I could thank thank-you for posting this info, especially the bulletins and instructions on placing the spacers. I am the wife of a deployed soldier with 5 kids. Everything seems to break when dad is gone, but we averted laundry disaster with your help. Electrolux was super quick getting us the parts, but not so helpful with instructions. Thanks again!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply