Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hidden valley  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 9:54:40 AM(UTC)
hidden valley

Groups: Registered

When the washer would not spin I had a look. The direct drive mechanism was shattered. In the process of inspection I found a soft spongy belt that was hanging loose above the transmission. It had two indentations as though it was wrapped around two small cylinders. After further investigation I found three plastic pockets clipped into the underframe with steel pins in them. These pockets hang upside down so the pins were just sitting in them. The pins have a hole in the pointed end that look like they were made for a retaining clip but none were found.
Since I have no diagram to go by I assume these pins were supposed to be held in the extended position through the frame engaging the movable agitator frame and since the belt has only two indentations it was never connected to the third pin from the factory (as this washer was purchased new and never worked on until now).
I am at a loss as to their real function and what I should do about them at this point.
Are there diagrams available and a description of the unified balance system that I think they belong to?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.