Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
squier3  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:20:35 AM(UTC)
squier3

Groups: Registered

Is there anyway to check and see if there is voltage getting to the motor on a duet washing machine. I'm getting 120V to the MCU but the motor won't run
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 10:27:17 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you post a model number so we can see which Duet you have. In the meantime if you will look under the top cover or inside the lower service panel you should find tech notes which may give you an answer to your question.
squier3  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:05:31 AM(UTC)
squier3

Groups: Registered

I am unable to find a model number. I have looked at the tech sheet and it is no help. the machine won't run a full diagnostic test. the door will lock and then it will just sit for a while then display an F28 error code. the clostest model number i can find that has the same tech sheet is WFW9200SQ. If you could help me in any way that would be great. But I know its hard when you arn't here to see it. I'm at a total loss on this one.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 12:21:32 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The F28 error is associated with a Whirlpool Duet Sport, and is a good example of why microprocessor controls do not work. Your machine has a centrol control unit and a motor control unit. The CCU sends signals and receives information from the MCU. To quote Strother Martin, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

The CCU is not getting a response from the MCU. The problem can be the MCU, the CCU, the wiring between the two and even the door switch assembly. If would check the wiring for breaks and fraying, and then clean the connections with contact cleaner and reseat. See if that helps.

Otherwise you are going to use the troubleshooting techniques in the tech notes to check the motor, MCU and CCU if you can.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply