Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seaton  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:35:50 AM(UTC)
Seaton

Groups: Registered

I have a water inlet problem with my machine. The original inlet valve was broken. The cold fill worked, but the hot fill didn't. There was power to the solenoid, it just didn't open.

I have purchased a replacement inlet valve, and fitted it, but the hot valve still doesn't work. There is now no power to the solenoid. When I swap the connections over from hot to cold and cold to hot it confirms that ther is only power to one solenoid, the cold fill.

What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to check next?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:53:28 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, you are the second person in the last few days to post a problem with a commercial machine. Speaking for myself, and most if not all of the others who reply on this Forum(we are volunteers and not associated with APP) I have no experience on these commercial products.

However, since lack of knowledge or experience has not stopped me in the past, I can advise that what you need to do is to trace the wiring back from the solenoid using a wiring diagram and see where in the various boards and processors the solenoid is controlled. This service manual will allow you to do that.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16022162.pdf

Note that it has a special section on your model at the back.

Your problem is in the control function, but exactly where is something you will need to hash out.

Good luck.
Qtip  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 7:39:31 PM(UTC)
Qtip

when you replaced the valve did the wire connectors come off fairly easily or was it hard to pull them off? if you had trouble pulling the connector off and may have pulled on the wires some i would make sure the wires themselves didnt somehow wiggle partially out of the connector (probably did not but the fact that it had power before it was replaced and afterward it did not have power i would check that connector just to be sure)
Seaton  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:44:44 AM(UTC)
Seaton

I have traced the wiring back to the control board, as I already had the manual. The connectors are all fine (checked out they were making a circuit properly). I guess it must be something on the control board, which is a bummer and means calling an engineer ($120 an hour).

Any alternative suggestions welcome!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply