Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JuSteve  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:30:58 PM(UTC)
JuSteve

Groups: Registered

Many times on fast spin the washer will knock and sometimes smoke.

I isolated the problem. An area on front edge of the main basket is rubbing on the nylon ring or bushing and has scraped a portion of this away.

The main tub is slightly out of round. I got as far as removing the top & bottom panel and at the stage of removing the clamp that holds the large rubber seal to remove the middle front panel.

If this is a removable front bushing that surrounds the drum, or am I looking at a whole new basket or drum assembly?

The washer was manufactured in 2006. What do those that know more than myself, suggest?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 4:51:08 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, let me tell you what I know.

1. This is one of the most complex, trouble ridden machines ever made. It is full of electronics which regularly fail.

2. Since your is a 2006 model, you probably know that GE changed the warranty. For 2005 models your problem would probably be covered as warranties on some parts were extended. This extension was dropped in 2006. What does that tell you?

I cannot tell exactly what parts you would need, but here is a service manual. I can tell you that although it will be financially painful to junk this machine, you will be much happier in the long run if you replace it with a basic top loader without any electronics.

http://appliancejunk.com/ge/washer/31-9135.pdf
JuSteve  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:09:12 PM(UTC)
JuSteve

Groups: Registered

I think I am going to pull the electronics and see if I can recoupe afew dollars on "that auction siite." I spoke to a service guy and he told me the same thing. I also bought a new machine which will be delivered in a few days. Thank you for your help ;->
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:18:12 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, thanks for the update and good luck with your new machine. Your billfold will be lighter but you will sleep better at night.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply