Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davegroe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:25:54 AM(UTC)
davegroe

Groups: Registered

Hi.

We have a GE front load clothes washer we purchased 1/28/2006. After a short time the front seal buckled a little bit right at the bottom and started to hold a puddle of water. After a while it buckled further, and the puddle would then run down the front outside when the door was opened. On 11/21/2007 (almost two years old) we had a service man from a reputable local dealer look at the unit and replace the front "boot" (part number WH08X10022?). Now after only 5 months the new boot is buckling again and holding water. Is this a common occurance? The boot cost a lot of money as well as the service call. When it does leak it leaks down into the storage unit under the washer and gets whatever we have in there wet also. In order to prevent mold whenever a load is completed we wipe down the inside of the door and the puddle, and leave the door open to dry. I also noticed that the door when closed is low, and the latch pulls the door up as it shuts. Is the real problem an issue with the door alignment? If so, how can the door be realigned so that the latch side doesn't pull the door up? I do not think that it is the latch since the door hits the boot at the bottom first. I think that if the door is realigned it will then be centered on the boot as it closes.

Any comments are appreciated.

Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.