Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MichaelD  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:28:15 AM(UTC)
MichaelD

Groups: Registered

Fairly new Washer that does not make any loud noises, emit a burning smell or do anything else wrong -- just won't agitate! The motor is still working as I can feel it working when I press down on the agitator -- just does not appear to "connect." I looked at some of the other answers and I am assuming that I have a clutch problem (but the motor is clutchless) so I'm wrong there -- or maybe the coupler is messed up/loose somehow? This also leads me to clarify a small point: Do I yank on this thing to pull out the agitator (should I need to) or des the agitator coupling bolt actually secure the agitator?

I'm sure you get tired of the same questions, but I do not think that the splines/dogs would be out on this so soon. Also, the lower part of the agitator appears to move fine with the spin cycle -- but htat might just be the force of the whirl! Both parts do not move in the wash/agitation cycle.

I wonder if I am making any sense!

Thanks,
Michael
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.