Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mljuw89  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:59:44 PM(UTC)
mljuw89

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know where I can find written descriptions of the cycles for my washer? I want to find out the specific step in a cycle that I am having issues with. I don't understand what it is trying to do. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:18:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could not find a tech sheet for this unit which might have answered you question.

Best I could do is the following hopefully it will be useful.
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16022808.pdf
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dh1200s  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 7:59:16 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

I own the FAV6800A LED Console version of the machine and do all my own work on the machine. The FAV9800A is the LCD version of this TL.

Which model are you talking about? If your machine is a FAV6800A let me know what your console settings are ie Wash Cycle selection, Wash/Rinse Temp, Soil Level, Spin, and if 2nd rinse selected. What step is the Cycle Status LED in?

The Service Manual is the best and only document I know of to support technical and operational info.

If you can expand on what the specific issue is maybe we can help. Example if the issue is related to the Spin Cycle of the Wash Cycle it could be related to unbalance issue caused by a malfnction with the Clutch Pulley Assembly.

Now that you have the Service Manual you can go into the machine error code history “Diag Code Blocks” and read the past error code generation by the Control Board which may help.

I have schematics if you need for both models in PDF format.

Good Luck Dick
saddonizio  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 12:38:39 PM(UTC)
saddonizio

We have the FAV6800AW....last month it started acting possessed. We would press a button and it would not register, or it would light up a different button. Mid-cycle it would start beeping and buttons would flash. It is under extended service and we called the repair person who came out and replaced the control board. Now however, it is doing it again! But it is worse, we press "start" but nothing happens. It doesn't lock, nothing. I ran through some of the repair codes in the service manual and it successfully run through tests...i.e. for the spin test it locks, spins, water goes in and out, etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated because I have 5 kids and need to get a pile of laundry done this weekend! Repair guy still has not called me back to even schedule an appointment so it will be a week before he gets here.

Thanks!
dh1200s  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 3:53:31 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Please have the repair person bring out a factory fresh Console for your FAV6800A. part number 25001206.

With the Control Board replaced I would suspect an issue with Consol Key Pad matrix. While you are waiting for the repair person you could try the Membrane Key Pad test and see if all the key pad functions work.

See page 15 of the Service Manual Membrane Pad Test. I think you will find some of the keys pads may not work like the Start key pad and you may fail the test.

Check the Diag code blocks (page 17 of the Service Manual) and write down what code blocks show up in the list and if you can post back those codes.

Good luck and post back if you have questions…… Dick
saddonizio  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 4:34:45 PM(UTC)
saddonizio

Thanks Dick! I think you are right. I am trying the test you suggested but the buttons are all acting crazy, like they are mixed up. I press one and another lights up. I will wait for the repair person but will pass along your suggestion to him/her. Bless you for being so helpful!

Samantha
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply