Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trini  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
trini

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I had a quick question. I am "trying" to repair a washer and the gear inside was trashed anyways, I have the transmission apart and I am looking at the Neutral Drain. There are 3 "arms" levers or whatever. 2 plastic (1 with a spring, 1 without) and 1 longer metal one. I know how the plastic ones go in, but what about the metal one?

It seems like it just dangles there. I see where it has a groove on the bottom where it sits on the metal plate but it just seems to dangle. Is there a detailed diagram of how this thing is suppose to go together? or is it just suppose to dangle? From what is there it has 1 peg more towards one side and thats it that holds it on.

I have looked at the diagram of the repair but it really doesnt show it in detail.

Thanks for your help and time in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:47:02 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Maybe some of these photos will help you.

Collection of 32 Direct Drive Gear Case - Transmission Photos
trini  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:13:33 PM(UTC)
trini

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot!
trini  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 11:50:50 AM(UTC)
trini

Hello again,

I had a quick question. When I took apart my transmission it didn't have a Thrust bearing ( WHIRLPOOL Thrust bearing, part number: 285205 ) I ordered one, looking at the pictures the round ball goes on the bottom then the solid washer goes on top. Since I didnt see either of these in my transmission but according to the parts list it should be there I just want to make sure that I put it on right. And also it is a snug fit so I assume I put oil then the ball then the washer?

Thanks again for your time!
trini  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 4:39:15 PM(UTC)
trini

Sorry for yet another question on this. This will be my last then it's going to the recycling yard...

I received the new gear, and it works up till the spin cycle. It makes the noise of spinning but wont spin. So I took it all apart again (sigh) took apart the transmission again and the top gear wont turn the pinion if there is any amount of pressure. So I am assuming it's just junk? I have it put together the same way it was, and according to the diagram but before it would spin and now it wont.

The nylon gear is not tight on the gear below it. If I hold either the pinion or the nylon gear it doesn't turn. Any help would be great! but I assume it's either a new transmission or a new washer.

Thanks

Quick update, I believe the Neutral drain kit is bad. I have it in position button it up put it in washer and it will spin, once it stops spinning the first time it wont ever start back up.

Thanks everyone for there help, Off to the recycle yard for this heap. It has consistantly broke down every 6-8months since I bought it 8yrs ago.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply