Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dddlgtm  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:10:44 AM(UTC)
dddlgtm

Groups: Registered

Have an issue with my front load washer that I see is pretty common place with these style of washers. The support shaft/bearing is bad and makes a horrible noise in spin cycle. I know the repair is going to be quite costly. My question is. Is there a washing machine out there that is a front loader that does not have these problems. Or a design that makes it a easier fix than replacing the whole tub? I am getting ready to buy another washer and do not want the same issue to happen again... the cost of the repair is almost as much as buying a new washer.....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 4:09:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The problem you have is characteristic of front load washers. The reason is that the axis is horizontal but the pressure is vertical. There is simply no way a design can be made that offsets this problem and would still have low enough cost to be economically saleable, or at least no one has come up with one yet. Throw in microprocessor controls and with a front load washer you have expensive problems waiting to happen.

A basic top loading washer will do a great job, cost less, be less likely to fail and cost less to repair.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply