Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bword  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 6:00:05 PM(UTC)
bword

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone I just got a pair of used kenmore elite washer and dryer combo. Ive noticed when running the washer it seems like the center piece that spins where you put the fabric softner does not rotate consistantly. Almost sounds like its skipping and grabbing. Anyways after reading I took off the cap and it looks like a few are worn and one isnt even comming out. But every tutorial I read on this removal shows a nut in the center to remove. Now either the nut on mine is extremely worn and grinded down to nothing or my model doesnt come apart like that and im missing something. Anyone know what to do in my situation?

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:15:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

On some models there is a square plastic hole. Use a screw driver or some other tool to unscrew it.

If this is not the case and you need more info please post your full model number. Right now we have no idea which machine you have.

Thanks
bword  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:56:16 PM(UTC)
bword

thanks for the response im looking for a serial or model number where are they typical located on this style washer?

i took a picture of the center to give you a idea. Im still looking for a model number
bword attached the following image(s):
20664_295870242783_651772783_4676956_3725375_n.jpg
jeffrey_benjamin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:29:39 AM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

Originally Posted by: bword Go to Quoted Post
thanks for the response im looking for a serial or model number where are they typical located on this style washer?

i took a picture of the center to give you a idea. Im still looking for a model number

Seems like the bolt is broken of try pulling up on it to remove the gear & "dog ears"
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:14:33 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I cannot tell from the picture if there is a broken bolt, if so you will need a special tool (not an expensive one fortuntely) to get it out. Otherwise treat it as a I described above. Do not try to pull it out.

The model and serial numbers are under the lid on a "plate". On a used machine someone may have taken it off, but see if it is there.
bword  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:00:44 PM(UTC)
bword

I looked all over the washer and im convinced the tag is gone. I looked at the matching dryer and IDK if this will help at all but the dryer which looks idential on the outside at least still has the model tag

Dryer =
mod= 110-60936990
ser= mk1909729

again I dont know if this will help at all but I know now what the tags look like and im convinced the one on the washer is gone. Any help is appreciated thanks!
bword  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 3:37:55 AM(UTC)
bword

Just for kicks can you send a link to that special tool?
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 5:17:12 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Just stop at any good hardware store or big box building supplies store and you will find a tool for removing bolts with the head broken off.

The bolt in there should have had a 7/16" socket head on it.
jeffrey_benjamin  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:13:28 PM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Just stop at any good hardware store or big box building supplies store and you will find a tool for removing bolts with the head broken off.

The bolt in there should have had a 7/16" socket head on it.

Hi here Look at it carefully. see if there are any tabs ( plastic clip ) to pry out on the gear. Note with the bolt head broken off the top should pull up & come off. then u will have to drill the bolt & extract it out, drill the bolt rethread it & use a bolt to match.:)
oilslinger53  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:19:34 PM(UTC)
oilslinger53

Use a 1/2 drive socket extension to remove that piece, the plastic thing with the square hole in it is the bolt. If you don't have a 1/2 socket extension, a really big flat blade screwdriver will sometimes work.. The part you need is part Whirlpool part # 80040. They cost about 5 bucks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply