Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ruste Nale  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:26:57 PM(UTC)
Ruste Nale

Groups: Registered

:mad:Desparate in Maryland! Installed new water feed hose's on washer machine for safety. Washer was working perfectly. Turn on water supplys and now cold water will not run into the machine when you set it for cold or warm, all settings stay hot only.:eek: Checked the new lines to make sure they are NOT reversed. :rolleyes: For a second check, I even hooked the cold on the hot side of the machine and now all stays cold, proving the inlet for cold is not allowing the water to flow in. Checked the cold water feed and it runs freely out the new hose. Cannot see anything in the washer cold water inlet. How can changing a set of water feed hoses turn into such a nightmare? Can anyone tell me how to check this problem further and/or what part is needed or how can I clean out the inlet? :confused: Maytag Model #A806
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:03:34 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Cannot say why this happened, but start by testing the water valve assembly to see if power is getting to the cold water valve. I think you can access this on this machine from the back by removing the cover plate around the valve.

If power is getting to the cold water valve, replace the assembly. Here is the part.

Part number: AP4023852
Ruste Nale  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:10:46 PM(UTC)
Ruste Nale

Groups: Registered

Hey I did have that part out and tried to check to see if it is getting juice. Not sure how to check that yet. Reading your article as to how to check continuity. I have anolog meter. Will get back to you on it as soon as possible. I am in Maryland now and the problem is in Delaware. Thanks for your help. Seems to me this may be the problem.

Ken
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:11:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

See if you are getting power the same way you would check an outlet to see if it is getting 120v.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out, and if you cannot check it out it is an inexpensive enough part so that you can change it out on spec.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply