Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thegirls  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 12:13:05 PM(UTC)
Thegirls

Groups: Registered

I had a friend replace the belt in the washer because it began to smell like it was burning this weekend and the drum would not drain. It goes through the cycle, but does not drain, so then it spins with water in it and makes a wierd noise and smells.
I have the front of the washer exposed now, and our friend said it may be the pump that connects the house from the drum to the hose that goes our of the washer to drain - there is a motor/pump of some sort.
Any ideas? He is willing to replace it if I get the part, but I dont want to keep changing things and spending money on parts to keep guessing.
Any help is appreciated!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:45:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Before you replace the pump do two things

1. Take off the pump and the drain hoses and make sure there are no obstructions preventing the water from draining.

2. When the machine should be draining, see if you are getting power to the pump.

If there is no obstruction and power is getting to the pump then replacing it is your likely solution.
Thegirls  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:51:11 PM(UTC)
Thegirls

How will I be able to tell if I am 'getting power' to the pump.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:07:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You will need to use an electrical test meter to measure voltage. Take off the plug on the pump and put the machine into a cycle where it should be pumping. If you do not have one find a handy friend (the one who helped before?) who has one or buy one at the local hardware/tools/big box store. If will come with directions.

These pumps are pretty good, I think it is more likely you have an obstruction or blockage.
LBarker  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:35:10 AM(UTC)
LBarker

The same happened to mine, but the repairman said it was the transmission assembly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply