Discuss

Maytag makes noise while spinning

 in

Washer Repair

. "

Probably is different. I soaked it with wd40 and will let it soak for awhile. I will upgrade to a

..."
 
 
Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Maytag makes noise while spinning

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Lawnboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com


Probably is different. I soaked it with wd40 and will let it soak for awhile. I will upgrade to a 3lb hammer!! Hope I don't break something else. If I do, I may consider getting an Amana. Thanks for the response.

Reply With Quote
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15
THOR is on a distinguished road
Default

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT get an Amana!!!! - read my post from earlier today.
Although it works great, I've been doing tub seals and bearings on a REGULAR basis.

ugh! (again, Good luck)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Lawnboy is on a distinguished road
Default

I did remove the drive belt and ran it through the spin cycle as suggested. No noise so I can rule out the water pump. Adding to my preivious post, is there a special process for removing the brake other than beating it with a hammer?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 322
glen65 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy View Post
I did remove the drive belt and ran it through the spin cycle as suggested. No noise so I can rule out the water pump. Adding to my preivious post, is there a special process for removing the brake other than beating it with a hammer?
First you need to make sure that you remove the holding clamp, then
you need one of these..


Last edited by glen65 : 04-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 322
glen65 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT get an Amana!!!! - read my post from earlier today.
Although it works great, I've been doing tub seals and bearings on a REGULAR basis.

ugh! (again, Good luck)

*chuckle*..I was going to pipe up and warn him
but I didnt want to hurt your feelings
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Lawnboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Yup, that's the wrench. I went against the experts advice and gave the brake a "whack" in the other direction. Came loose right away. Now, the next issue is the bearing is shot, but will not come off of the transmission shaft. There isn't any room to get behind it and pry it off and it is recessed in the transmission cover so I can't get anything on it to pull it free. Do you know if they make a special bearing puller for these? I am considering putting some heat to it. Thanks for all the help and I won't get an Amana!!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15
THOR is on a distinguished road
Default

at this point, can you tell if it turns freely and smoothly?
sorry, nevermind. You wrote that it's shot (I need to read slower).

Last edited by THOR : 04-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Lawnboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Wobbles all over the place as it is grinding. Some of the bearings are even flat.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 322
glen65 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy View Post
Yup, that's the wrench. I went against the experts advice and gave the brake a "whack" in the other direction. Came loose right away. Now, the next issue is the bearing is shot, but will not come off of the transmission shaft. There isn't any room to get behind it and pry it off and it is recessed in the transmission cover so I can't get anything on it to pull it free. Do you know if they make a special bearing puller for these? I am considering putting some heat to it. Thanks for all the help and I won't get an Amana!!
Just be careful where you apply heat. You could run the risk of
damaging an oil seal in the lower part of the gear case.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Lawnboy is on a distinguished road
Default

I tried some heat, didn't work. Do you have any ideas that will get this bugger off? Do I have to take the shaft out? I am almost out of patience. I have to believe this is not an isolated problem. I have to take the wrench back today so the clock is ticking. Do you know if there is an on-line repair manual available?

Thanks







Quote:
Originally Posted by glen65 View Post
Just be careful where you apply heat. You could run the risk of
damaging an oil seal in the lower part of the gear case.
Reply With Quote
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maytag Performa Washer makes loud noise gsgray2806 Washer Repair 1 01-02-2010 07:24 PM
Washer makes loud noise when spinning cindy46748 Washer Repair 0 11-27-2009 07:10 AM
Maytag Dryer makes an awful squealing noise cfoley Dryer Repair 7 05-19-2009 01:28 PM
makes grinding noise when spinning markcopelli Washer Repair 0 06-09-2008 12:18 PM
Makes loud noise when spinning waggie Washer Repair 0 09-03-2007 02:05 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.

The content on this web site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace an on-site diagnosis from a qualified appliance service technician. By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com , Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17