Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Narapni  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:57:10 AM(UTC)
Narapni

Groups: Registered

Washer will fill and sit forever, no agitate, rinse, spin. Since it has ebc, cannot tell if timer is advancing. Magnetic switch removed and wires connected. Same. Motor taken off washer and tested for motion. Nothing, just fills and sits. Thanks for any advice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:51:06 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Since your machine will shut off the water, the water level switch is doing its job by telling the control board that the tub is filled.

This means that the control assembly is probably the problem. See if there are tech notes under the console. GE does not release technical info to anyone other than authorized GE techs, so you will have to replace the control assembly on spec to see if that will fix things.
Narapni  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:50:44 PM(UTC)
Narapni

Thank you very much. I also received additional tips and checked the LED and it blinked in series of 4 indicating mode shifter problem. I tested the two (orange and yellow) lines to the coil and it is open. So could it be the cheaper mode shift coil or the more expensive shaft assy or motor? Thank you very much for your tip.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:31:24 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, good, glad you were able to get to the motor codes.

This site will tell you how to do some additional testing, and how to clear out the codes. Do that first, which may get you up and running, but if not and the tests are inconclusive the mode shifter may be the problem.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide
Narapni  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:45:59 AM(UTC)
Narapni

Thank you again. I will take it apart to get to the mode shifter and advise.
John @ Fischers  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:59:22 PM(UTC)
John @ Fischers

Also, did you happen to unplug the lid switch and ohm out to make sure it's making contact? Just some food for thought.
Narapni  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 1:53:36 AM(UTC)
Narapni

On the lid switch, I cut the wires and connected them so I know they work.
I took the mode shifter apart, replaced the bad 2-amp thermofuse with a regular electronics 2 amp fuse and checked for continuity--ok. I retstarted the washer and dropped a t-shirt inside--it filled and then I left. When I returned after several hours, the water was gone but the t-shirt was still wet and the timer knob did not advance from the last position I left. This happened twice. I will try again tomorrow and advise.
Migeguy  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 6:47:06 AM(UTC)
Migeguy

Replacement of the mode-shifter is advised. Replacing fuse will not repair a damaged coil.
Narapni  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 2:49:10 PM(UTC)
Narapni

Thank you. After replacing the thermofuse in the coil with a regular 2A fuse and testing the coil thru the fuse with good continuity, lid switch wires connected, the washer will now fill, but still will not agitate. It will then drain the water out but will not spin. It will fill again, no agitate but will drain and no spin but will sprinkle water during the last spin cycle and ends ALL THE WHILE THE LED KEEPS BLINKING IN SERIES OF 4 BLINKS AND THE TIMER KNOB DOES NOT ADVANCE AT ALL.

I am trying to see if I can get just the mode shifter coil or may have to get the entire shaft/mode shifter assy and perhaps motor as well and the control curcuit board. I am getting quote now.
Migeguy  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 4:59:05 PM(UTC)
Migeguy

Originally Posted by: Narapni Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. After replacing the thermofuse in the coil with a regular 2A fuse and testing the coil thru the fuse with good continuity, lid switch wires connected, the washer will now fill, but still will not agitate. It will then drain the water out but will not spin. It will fill again, no agitate but will drain and no spin but will sprinkle water during the last spin cycle and ends ALL THE WHILE THE LED KEEPS BLINKING IN SERIES OF 4 BLINKS AND THE TIMER KNOB DOES NOT ADVANCE AT ALL.

I am trying to see if I can get just the mode shifter coil or may have to get the entire shaft/mode shifter assy and perhaps motor as well and the control curcuit board. I am getting quote now.

mode shifter only comes as an assembly with the spintube.Motor may be needed as the new motor has updated software in the inverter control to prevent coil form overheating when the lid is left up during fill cycle.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply