Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roosterest  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 6:10:21 PM(UTC)
roosterest

Groups: Registered

Okay. I am feeling pretty good about a new career as a washer repair apprentice!!! Actually this site has been an amazing help. My washer was not working (not filling at all, and before that not agitating very well). I replaced the valve stops at the wall (hot & cold, because they were frozen open) & ordered the water inlet valve on the washer & the agitator repair kit (my dogs were broken...) & replaced all that stuff when it came in! My washer fills & cleans like a dream now, but it SOMETIMES won't fill on the rinse cycle & I have to jiggle the load size control. What's up with that? Is it the load sensor control? Ya'll were so helpful before, please help now.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:14:54 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you.

If the jiggling is gentle and it starts to fill my guess would be the level control has to be replaced.

The below is just general info and I am not sure that it applies to your unit.
Could be the switch contacts are sticking closed so the unit thinks it is full of water.

This switch is probably a pressure switch. It has a tube that runs down to the bottom of the tub, as water fills the tub, air is trapped in the tube. As the water rises, the air pressure in the tube increases until it reaches the switch's set point then the switch activates turning off the water and starting the agitate.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
roosterest  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:10:53 PM(UTC)
roosterest

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
A model number may help others help you.

If the jiggling is gentle and it starts to fill my guess would be the level control has to be replaced.

The below is just general info and I am not sure that it applies to your unit.
Could be the switch contacts are sticking closed so the unit thinks it is full of water.

This switch is probably a pressure switch. It has a tube that runs down to the bottom of the tub, as water fills the tub, air is trapped in the tube. As the water rises, the air pressure in the tube increases until it reaches the switch's set point then the switch activates turning off the water and starting the agitate.

Thanks Denman. The model # LLR9245DQ0 (Whirlpool). But you were right on about the type. I wondered about the contacts & whether I might be able to take a fine piece of sandpaper to them, but I cannot even get the darn things disconnected. Is there a trick to it? I do appreciate your help. As a grandmother with the responsibility of caring for my grandbaby, I really do NOT have the time to babysit the washer on every load.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:37:05 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the parts breakdown
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LLR9245DQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

The water level switch cannot be taken apart, it must be replaced.
Part number: AP3018879
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply