Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BHARRIS  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 12:44:43 PM(UTC)
BHARRIS

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool washer would not fill with cold water. I bought a replacement water valve but that did no solve the problem. I switched the hot/cold connectors on the water valve and the problem followed the connector (i.e. cold water fills, hot water doesn't). What do I check/replace now?

Also, after replacing the water valve a new problem arose. The washer will not agitate. It just hums. The motor is working because it pumps the water out of the washer during the spin cycle.

Help with these two problems is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 11:08:23 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Since the cold will fill when you have the hot water connector on the cold water connector on the water valve, it means current is not getting to the cold water valve to open it. This is either because of a problem with the timer or temperature selection switch.

Since the tem selection switch is not expensive,

Part number: AP3125989
Part number: AP3125989

I would start by replacing it and seeing if that solves both of your problem. It probably will not solve the agitation problem. If it does not spin it sounds like a coupling problem, and this site will show you how to change it out, again, not an expensive repair.

YouTube - Direct Drive Washing Machine Repair Video Tutorial *Watch in HIGH Quality!*

If these do not fix it, then replacing the timer is the next step, but do that last since it is a much more expensive repair.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply