Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sglusk  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 1:37:02 PM(UTC)
Sglusk

Groups: Registered

During the spin cycle, the washer really bounces. This is something new. There are times where we have to rebalance the load but even with small loads it bounces quite a bit. We have had this machine for about 8 years now. Been good but now seems like things are going. (another sympton is when the spin cycle stops, it screaches like there's no tomorrow). What additional information can I give to help diagnose my bouncing machine?

Thanks all!
Sglusk
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 4:04:27 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I cannot get that model number to come up, can you check it and post the full number?

In the meantime, see if the front will come off by inserting a putty knife or screw driver in the gap between the top and the front near the edges. This will release clips that hold the front on, or hold the top to the front. If the top flips up, take out the screws that hold on the front panel and take it off.

See if an inspection of the support system tells you anything is wrong.
Sglusk  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 10:10:30 AM(UTC)
Sglusk

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I cannot get that model number to come up, can you check it and post the full number?

In the meantime, see if the front will come off by inserting a putty knife or screw driver in the gap between the top and the front near the edges. This will release clips that hold the front on, or hold the top to the front. If the top flips up, take out the screws that hold on the front panel and take it off.

See if an inspection of the support system tells you anything is wrong.

Model is MAV6200AWW. I was able to take the top and front panels off. I looked at the support system which was basically (in my view) 4 springs on the tub and they all looked fine. Again, I don't know what I might be looking for. Nothing was obvious as far as being broken.

Thanks for the help!
Shawn
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:08:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Possible problems include your brakes and your snubber. You can replace them, but you will need special tools

Here is a service manual on your model that shows what is involved.

http://repair2000.com/Li...maytagatlantiswasher.pdf
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply