Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AllanN  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 1:46:26 PM(UTC)
AllanN

Groups: Registered

I have a Samsung top-load fuzzy logic washer (WP167HA1) and it seems like the pump is hanging up. Most every load the water won't drain. It sounds like the pump is humming, but not making its regular noise as it does when working. I removed the pump and applied power to it directly, and it starts every time. I replaced the capacitor but it didn't help.

When the pump is hung up, I can push the pause button, then push it again to start, and this will get the pump going (sometimes it will start the pump of the first couple of times, sometimes I have to push the start and stop 15-20 times, but I can always get it to work eventually.

When the pump hangs up I have also disconnected and reconnected the power going to the pump, and it will start the pump up after doing this a time or two.

Is this just a faulty pump or is their inadequate juice being sent to the pump. I thought if this were the case the new capacitor would take care of it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.