Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barnicmat  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:47:56 AM(UTC)
barnicmat

Groups: Registered

Ocassionally the washer will not drain. I also had it tear up 2 items of clothing. I opened it after the cycle was complete to find tiny shreds of my shirt all over the washer and my sleeve had been shredded. The same thing happened to my sons shorts. What can I do to fix the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 6:12:49 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you will post a model number and tell us about any related issues (noises, wobbling etc) about the machine I am sure someone will be able to give you some helpful ideas.

Thanks
barnicmat  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 1:30:58 PM(UTC)
barnicmat

Groups: Registered

It is model# WCVH6800JWW. I often have to re reinse my clothes becuase it does not drain. I have had 2 articles of clothing ripped to shreds. The repairman told me to clean the filter monthly which we do but it is always wet down below under the washer by the motor. I am really frustrated.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 3:48:51 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think you may have multiple problems. The tearing of the clothes can only come from problem inside the basket, with the vanes or some tear in the basket catching the clothese.

The drain problem may be something stuck in the pump, or some obstruction in the drain hoses. It is likely that a torn piece of clothing is plugging things up inside the pump or the hoses.

You are probably going to have to tear into this thing, and here is a service manual for a similar model that will show you how if you decide to do that.

http://appliancejunk.com/ge/washer/31-9135.pdf
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply