Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maggie76  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 9:02:25 PM(UTC)
Maggie76

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I have a Maytag Performa Washer that was purchased in November 2005. Last weekend, after a heavy load, it started buzzing loudly after filling the tub. I would stick my hand in there and *sometimes*, the cycle would continue. This continued to become more frequent until it filled and stopped everything all together. I took the front off, poked around at a few things (and read a great deal on the internet) and determined that the buzzing was coming from the motor. Perhaps an intermittent motor issue? I managed to revive it long enough to get it to drain so I don't have swamp clothes.

I paid a local repair guy to come in today and he told me that the motor is bad. And that it would be about 300 to fix. I might as well go buy a new washer at that point but I am pretty handy so I've already removed the existing motor and I am reasonably sure I can mount a new one without blowing the thing up. My problem is that the motor I have says the following:

Model #: S67PXKGF-7725
P/N: 35-6702
1/2 HP, 120 V, 60 Hz, 7.4 Amps, 1725 RPM

I can't find this part number online and the closest I found is a part number of 21001922. Is this the same part? Or possibly the new version of the same part? I can't find a place with enough details on this different part number to know if it is the right one.

Also, I found the Maytag Service Manual online and it says I should have a 3/4 HP motor...but clearly I don't. Should I even worry about this?

Thanks so much!
Maggie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.