Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ozz  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
Ozz

Groups: Registered

My washer malfunctioned just in time for the New Year! It will fill, agitate, drain and then spin in slow motion....Not nearly fast enough to remove water from the clothes. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem. When I take of the front of the machine, it seems that the belt is ok, there is a 1/4-3/8" water sitting in the bottom pan, and there appears to have been oil or really dirty water slung around at some time previously, as the stamped metal parts that attache to the hangers have splash marks on them. The machine had lately begun to be noisy during agitation and spin but does not make the same noise now. Help!
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Happy New Year!

Ozz
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 12:01:24 PM(UTC)
applianceman

The fact that the water seems to have been slung around suggests that the tub seal is leaking. Watch the washer during fill and wash and see if the leak comes form the bottom of the tub there the shaft enters the tub and if so the tub seal is leaking. If the tub seal is leaking that could explain the noisy spin.

The motor stores fault codes some of these fault codes can cause the motor to turn slowly. This page will help more HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

The noise that the washer has been making could have been because the sifter coil is open or the apron is saggin causing the motor to hit the bottom of the washer. This page will help with both of those problems GE HydroWave Washer Repair Guide

Hope this helps!
Ozz  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2010 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
Ozz

Thanks, Applianceman for your quick and informative reply. I just laid on the floor for a complete cycle. I cleared the error code first and it blinked as it is suppose to. There was no water leaking as it filled. It ran through the cycle as normal except for the speed of the spin cycle. After the cycle was over there was no LED light lit. I read the pages of the manual you suggested but don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply