Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cryan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 7:34:17 AM(UTC)
cryan

Groups: Registered

This front load stackable will not go into spin cycle. I took it apart...the belt is fine, actually the entire unit looks new inside. The hoses and filters are clean, it will spin real slow on spin mode , but acts like it is in wash. Rotates slow back and forth...will NOT spin out like it should..
I was told to look into getting a new control panel and it is priced at $418.31 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: If anyone has a better / cheaper idea of a diognosis for this PLEASE tell me. I will not buy this part, the washer will end up as scrap, and I'll need to find a used washer!
THANKS!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:55:20 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I have only worked on one of these, not very impressed with it. The service manual is of limited help, basically a "replace the board and see if that fixes it" procedure.

Here is the service manual. See if you can put the machine into diagnosis mode and also check key components like the door switch but I am afraid the likely solution will be a control board replacement.

I agree that you should replace it if you cannot find an inexpensive fix. I strongly recommend a no frills, top loading machine with no microoprocessor controls, for reasons you are now familiar with.

https://secured.whirlpoo...9b84/$FILE/WPWASHER1.pdf
cryan  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 9:43:47 AM(UTC)
cryan

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I have only worked on one of these, not very impressed with it. The service manual is of limited help, basically a "replace the board and see if that fixes it" procedure.

Here is the service manual. See if you can put the machine into diagnosis mode and also check key components like the door switch but I am afraid the likely solution will be a control board replacement.

I agree that you should replace it if you cannot find an inexpensive fix. I strongly recommend a no frills, top loading machine with no microoprocessor controls, for reasons you are now familiar with.

https://secured.whirlpoo...9b84/$FILE/WPWASHER1.pdf

Thanks soooo much for your reply and of course help. I will look through the manual and try to get it into diognose mode ...just to be sure, but I'm guessing that you helped in my decision....yes, a no frills top loader!
This one came with my little mobile home. I would have never purchased it myself!!
Thanks again and I'll fill you in if a miricle happens (cheap part) Ha Ha... no such luck?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply