Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bajagirl  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 2:09:29 PM(UTC)
Bajagirl

Groups: Registered

I am fixing,(actually my husband is) our front loader machine again. Model # 417.29052990 We replaced the bearings, and seal, put it back together. I ordered a new belt, that my husband says is way to tight. The one that was on there, #131276300. That is also the number listed in the repair parts list we have when we purchased the washer from Sears. The new belt that I ordered from ************************.com number is 134051000. Can you cross reference the numbers to see if it is indeed the right belt. I have been without this washer for over a week now, and just want to put the belt on so I can wash my clothes. Thank you so much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 5:26:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, sorry, that must be frustrating

The new part number you have is listed on the Sears Parts site is an equivalent replacement for your old belt number, and I have cross referenced it with another parts supplier and this one. It all checks out.

I can only conclude that you may have been sent the wrong belt (if you have the old one see if it matches up; the service manual does not spec the belt length) or your replacement of the outer tub and pulley was not correct for some reason. Since I doubt if this is really possible I think a mistake was probably made in the replacement belt.

The belt is tight to put on, but you should be able to "roll" it on the large pulley with little difficulty.
Bajagirl  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 6:10:19 PM(UTC)
Bajagirl

I really really appreciate your reply and kind words. It is not going on well, so I guess my husband will have to "try" harder.:) The number on the belt is the same as on the bag and as all the reference #s point to. My husband just was thinking it is way to tight and it will cause bearing failure again. Thanks again. I will let him know. Merry Christmas!!!

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post

The new part number you have is listed on the Sears Parts site is an equivalent replacement for your old belt number, and I have cross referenced it with another parts supplier and this one. It all checks out.

I can only conclude that you may have been sent the wrong belt (if you have the old one see if it matches up; the service manual does not spec the belt length) or your replacement of the outer tub and pulley was not correct for some reason. Since I doubt if this is really possible I think a mistake was probably made in the replacement belt.

The belt is tight to put on, but you should be able to "roll" it on the large pulley with little difficulty.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:41:27 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

My concern was not that you had gotten the wrong part number but that the wrong belt had been packaged. I know you spent a lot of money on the earlier repair so if you need to get a second belt to make certain, I would suggest you do so.

Happy Holiday Season to all
kfank  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:51:37 PM(UTC)
kfank

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post

I am having the same problem with a GE WSXH208F1WW front load washer. These are probably similar and manufactured by Frigidaire. The original belt is marked 131276300. I ordered the cross-referenced belt #134051000 but it is too short (54" vs. about 55.5"). Every site I have checked shows the same cross-reference but I think it is incorrect. I forced the belt on by vise-gripping it to the drum pulley and walking it on but it is so tight that it walks right back off again. What would a repair technician do in this case?

Bajagirl - what did your husband end up doing?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:50:08 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well this is unusual. I can only suggest you call APP parts dept on Monday (we who respond on this Forum are not associated with APP or the parts operation) and see what they say.

Given that you know the measurement they should be able to get you the right one.

Yes you are correct, you do have a Frigidaire made washer. See if getting a Frigidaire belt will help solve the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply