Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vincentm251  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:54:19 PM(UTC)
Vincentm251

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Harmony Washing Machine Model # WPGT9350COPL. The clutch motor will not enage. Based on the the error messages displayed while in the service mode, the clutch motor will not engage and a problem with the Thermistor are two possible problems. Both are controlled by the Inverter Board which I beleive is the problem. I ran a voltage test on CON2 and get the required voltages on Pins 1 and 2 ( 5VDC), NO READING ON PINS 1 and 3 and 20VDC on Pins 1 and 4. I believe Pin 3 is bad. Does this sound like the correct diagnostic. The washer is just 5 years old and the wife likes the features of this machine. Before I drop $250.00 for a new inverter board, I need to confirm with an expert on my diagnosis. Thank you.

Vince
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 7:47:41 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The specs on this model state that if you cannot get 12vDC between pins 1 and 3 the inverter board is bad which sounds like something you already know, so it comes down to trusting the GE diagnosis.

GE is notoriously close with the tech information and it sounds like you already have the tech notes on this model, so you know what we know. We don't see too many of these machines, and the inverter board is where I alway go first to check.

You can check the thermistor at the connection on the inverter board, should have about 120KOhms at room temp, but your tech notes should also tell you this.

The inverter board is one of the weak spots in these models, so if you are getting the 120v into the board I think the chances are pretty good that replacing it will solve your problem.

Good luck.
Vincentm251  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
Vincentm251

Hi,

I ran another check of the Inverter Board and found the pins are working properly with the correct voltages. I did find a broken wire to the clutch motor and also the thermistor. Fixed the clutch motor wire and have ordered the Thermistor from Appliance Parts. Hopefully this will take care of it. If not, time for a new washer.

Thanks
Vince

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The specs on this model state that if you cannot get 12vDC between pins 1 and 3 the inverter board is bad which sounds like something you already know, so it comes down to trusting the GE diagnosis.

GE is notoriously close with the tech information and it sounds like you already have the tech notes on this model, so you know what we know. We don't see too many of these machines, and the inverter board is where I alway go first to check.

You can check the thermistor at the connection on the inverter board, should have about 120KOhms at room temp, but your tech notes should also tell you this.

The inverter board is one of the weak spots in these models, so if you are getting the 120v into the board I think the chances are pretty good that replacing it will solve your problem.

Good luck.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:34:42 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, glad you found that wire and did not spend the bucks for a new board.

Let us know how this works out, the more data we get on these the better we can do.

Thanks
Vincentm251  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:33:12 PM(UTC)
Vincentm251

The Thermistor arrived today. FEDEX Overnight Delivery took 3 days. This part was installed and the washer is up and running. One thing I learned working on this washer is that the wiring on these Thermistors are a thin guage and will break over time. Thanks again to this repair forum and Appliance Parts Pros. Appliance Parts Pros made things right for FEDEX's Shipping Issues.

Merry Christmas,
Vince
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:52:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, sounds like a nice Holiday present to get it up and running and thanks for the update. That is very helpful as GE just will not release tech data on their machines.
Leo Washer  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2015 5:48:02 PM(UTC)
Leo Washer

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post

Good luck.

Good Luck Good Luck
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:03:47 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Leo

Please start a new thread and post a model number and someone should be able to help you.

Thank you
Leo Washer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:47:15 PM(UTC)
Leo Washer

Sorry, Thank You
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply