Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flarios  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 2:30:43 PM(UTC)
flarios

Groups: Registered

Hi,

First of all thanks for the previous help. Now I have a new problem, the washing machine started filling the tub with water ok but when it was time to start the cycle it just did not. The agitator does not move and the motor sounds like if its stuck.

I have a gut feeling that the problem is the motor but I would like to get your opinion before I purchase it, can something else be wrong? what do you think?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt S  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 2:36:48 PM(UTC)
Matt S

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to determine if the motor is running or not. If it is not running, the first thing I would check is if there is a sock stuck in the pump. This is not too terribly common, but easy to check.

There are a number of possibilities in your situation. So, it is hard to give a one size fits all answer.

If the motor is not running, the start capacitor (if it uses one) could be bad. The transmission could be bad (rare for this symptom) or the motor itself could be bad.

Oh, even the timer could be bad. If contacts go bad in the timer, the motor will just hum. This can be tough to determine with simple verbal advice.

Sorry to leave you with possibly more questions than answers. But, this is not an easy problem to troubleshoot on a forum without more information.

I am sure others will chime in with suggestions I may have overlooked.

Matt
flarios  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:01:41 AM(UTC)
flarios

Groups: Registered

Thanks, I will see if I can check this out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply