Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sooner pug  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 4:45:53 PM(UTC)
sooner pug

Groups: Registered

I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We had a hard freeze a couple of nights ago. My
washer & dryer are in our garage. The next day my wife went to the garage
& fount water leaking or spraying from where the water hoses connect to the
water intake valve. The threaded hose connections on my water intake valve
are plastic. The hot and cold water hoses have metal threaded connections.
I shut off the water and unscrewed the hoses from the water intake valve. I figured the washers froze and got hard and that might have caused the spewing leak from both hot and cold water connections. I replaced rubber washers in both hoses and re-attached both to plastic connections on the water intake valve. still had the leak from both connections. I tried reversing the ends of the hoses and they still leaked. I tried another pair of hoses and
they still leaked. I had no burst pipes any where else or any freeze ups. I removed the water intake valve to make sure my intake screens were dirty. I
made sure nothing froze up in the intake valve. I figured the hard freeze must have done something to the plastic threads on the water intake valve. I am at my wits end. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.